ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,754 Posts
Re: The Tick aka OEM Plus(tm)

I'll poke my head in here and say that I think, at your ride height, 16s are the way to go. Also, I had Enkei 92s........

·
11,754 Posts

I think 15s work when the car is a bit lower. You do you, boo... it'll be weird to see your car on something other than FN01RCs!

·
11,754 Posts

Really? That is genuinely shocking. I loved my s.Drives. They were just a touch more money than I wanted to spend at the time.

Yep, I only had 1 set of s.drives and, I think, went for DZ101s twice or three times before I sold the car.

Now I'm on that Michelin swag for the 40k mile warranty :lol:

·
11,754 Posts
Re: The Tick aka OEM Plus™

I can do this. I just take a while to get started (it's why it took me nearly a year to finish the basement) and can easily get overwhelmed. Anxiety sucks.

Dude, it’s not just you. Any little hiccup during my installs and I need to take a breather inside and away from the garage :lol:

·
11,754 Posts

Yep.

You shoulda seen the rest of the car it was attached to at the time. Classic "kid is trying to turn his barely-working car into a scene magnet" scenario.

Jakes care doesn’t work, though... and the bumper is all shitty.

·
11,754 Posts

Even after putting the gaskets, I still wasn't happy. There was a slight crinking noise still coming from the rear. I realized my error pretty quickly: when I had lowered the rear shocks to get the hats on (without actually removing them from the car), I had undone the knuckle on the rear upright which makes one-man rear shock jobs SUPER easy. The only problem is that that the knuckle's bolt can't be tightened with the wheels on the ground. I'd tightened both bolts without really putting weight under the A-arms, and the sound I was hearing was the bushing there binding slightly.

This time, I jacked up the rear, disconnected the rear sway, took both wheels off, and loosened the bolts. Before I tightened each one, I used a scissor jack to raise the suspension to its approximate ride height and then tightened the bolt.

Put the wheels back on and lowered the car...no noise.

I vaguely remember this exact issue being mentioned in one of the How-To's about suspension install, or bushing replacement. I remember doing this when I installed poly bushings with zerk fittings in my control arms. Glad you figured it out

1 - 20 of 39 Posts