ClubRoadster.net banner

841 - 852 of 852 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,098 Posts
FM happy meal is the easy button but is way more stout than you need. I would just buy a Exedy 1.8 clutch and lightweight flywheel of your choice. I scoured around and got a brand new FM flywheel, rear main, and installer tool for $275 shipped. Andy swears the eBay flywheel is the same thing. I don’t see any point in trying to find 1.6 bits.

·
Administrator
15,251 Posts
Not a light flywheel because you'll freak out about the noise. Exedy stock clutch replacement.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #844
Not a light flywheel because you'll freak out about the noise. Exedy stock clutch replacement.
I had one on my old NA. It didn't bug me (and yes, it had decel noise). Really loved how the car revved up more.
Mazda value clutch. Because Mazda spec for Bryan.
I did an OEM style Exedy on the last time around. Plenty cheap enough, but I definitely need to buy OEM (or near) TO and Pilot bearings so I'm not doing this again in a few years.

Curious for those who took the time to have the ring taken off their OEM flywheel...worth it?

·
Mufasa in Training
31,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #845
Ordered Maruha upper mounts. They turned out to be the cheapest of all the options I was looking at and I haven't heard any bad reviews :)

·
Constantly Spooling
1,139 Posts
I had the Flyin Miata happy meal 2 and currently have the super Miata 6 puck clutch now cause I damaged FM clutch

Flyin Miata clutch was definitely more forgiving, clutch wise, 6 puck is well a 6 puck but I think they have other options tok

Lightweight flywheel is just nice, like you said for revving

·
Mufasa in Training
31,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #850
Things are slightly on hold right now. I am planning to farm out the clutch work, but I'm honestly a little apprehensive about spending a lot of money at the moment :(

Car is still on its charger, where it's sat since late October.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #852
Yeah. Right now, everything's just really uncertain, so it's taken a big back seat. It's on a charger, at least.

841 - 852 of 852 Posts