ClubRoadster.net banner

861 - 863 of 863 Posts

·
Murse Magnet
7,377 Posts
I'm just going to go with OEM. I need to get an OEM ToB and Pilot Bearing, along with the Rear Main and Tranny seals anyway. IMHO, seals should ALWAYS be OEM.

Next decision is what clutch to buy. I was going to buy a 1.8 ACT Prolite, but the sale (temporarily, at least) fell through. I was really wanting to go 1.6L, but the deal on the ACT was hard to pass up. Now that I haven't heard from the guy in a week, I'm not sure what to do. I really need to get going on this because I'm nervous to drive the car with all the racket that stupid bearing is making.
Keep driving the car. No biggie.
Buy this flywheel. This is what is presently in Julie's car and driving fine.

Buy an oem stock replacement clutch kit while you are at it for an oem like pedal feel. I think an OEM clutch kit comes with the oem Pilot bearing and TOB already.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
Keep driving the car. No biggie.
I did take it out and about. Might drive it to my hockey game tonight. Just don't want to get stranded.

Buy this flywheel. This is what is presently in Julie's car and driving fine.
I had a deal to buy the Prolite from someone here in Ohio who was going to even deliver it here, but he ended up not coming to town, and I haven't heard from him since. Don't want to flake on him, but I'd like to actually buy something so I can get started on putting the car together.

Buy an oem stock replacement clutch kit while you are at it for an oem like pedal feel. I think an OEM clutch kit comes with the oem Pilot bearing and TOB already.
Probably what I'll end up doing either way. I don't really know where you can get the OEM kit, though...the Value kit is basically an Exedy setup (with Exedy bearings). I already have an OEM ToB new in box.

I want to get a 1.6L setup, but that's going to require me to make a decision on the flywheel. I LOVED the Spec Stage II/Fidanza (1.6) setup on my old 97. It was one of my favorite features of the car.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #863
Today's purchases:

1 x KMZ03 Exedy OEM 1.8L Clutch Kit
1 x ACT Prolite Flywheel (the guy did get back to me and agreed to ship it for only $15 more than he was going to charge to deliver it!)
1 x OEM Pilot Bearing (already have a NiB OEM TOB)
2 x Inner Tie Rods and Lock Washers
4 x Cotter Pins for UBJ/LBJ
Engine RMS, Tranny Input and Output Seals and Gasket

Now to just schedule someone to put all this crap in/on the car :ROFLMAO:

861 - 863 of 863 Posts