ClubRoadster.net banner

901 - 911 of 911 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #901
Figured it out...SOMEONE (no idea who) squeezed the throttle linkage with pliers or something, squeezing the two sides of the cable guide together I can only assume in an effort to capture the throttle cable. Problem is, if you press the throttle far enough, the cable pops out of that pinch, and now the throttle is stuck part open no matter what you do with the gas pedal.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
One weird thing...the throttle linkage on my car appears to have been manually pinched together. Because of that, the cable can't come back to rest in the cable guide, so it looks like it does in the third picture which, surprise surprise, leaves the throttle partially open even when I'm not pressing on the pedal.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #903
Now that I think about it, I suspect someone got lazy and tried to clamp the linkage to get the cable off when they got ready to drop the oil pan.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #904
Car's up in the air tonight while I have a look under it and tighten some bolts. Hopefully nothing gets sheared!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #905
That was fun :)

Checked the roll bar mounting bolts and the PPF bolts. All of them were loose enough that it took multiple turns of the torque wrench before they clicked. The passenger door actually got easier to close after I was done on that side.

I didn't get a chance to put it on the ground yet because I got a late start, but fingers crossed!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #907
Admittedly, the hardest part was trying to torque the roll bar bolts. Since they're not captive, I had to figure out how to get a wrench on one side, and the torque wrench on the other and tighten them down.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #909
Sadly, it wasn't a fix. Rear end still creaks. Most of the noise from the roll bar not being torqued down is gone. Still need to figure out what the noise is from the front end.

·
Murse Magnet
7,615 Posts
Sadly, it wasn't a fix. Rear end still creaks. Most of the noise from the roll bar not being torqued down is gone. Still need to figure out what the noise is from the front end.
Have you tightened all of your chassis bracing? I think the NB has subframe braces and ladder braces and what not.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #911
Have you tightened all of your chassis bracing? I think the NB has subframe braces and ladder braces and what not.
It's on my list. Some of it has to come off to get to the tranny anyway.

901 - 911 of 911 Posts