ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking I can set-up a route for us that would last the whole day with stops for food,water and piss breaks. I know most of the northern routes of the map like the back of my hand, but have never driven the ones down south. Should be fun. Lots of photo-op areas and I'm sure we can find a corner or two with run-off so we can watch some drifting action. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm familiar with the southern routes....So I'm in.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm in.

I've been out on many of these roads, and I'd say the best drive I've had is when I went out with my friend and his elise buddies out highland valley road to ramona, got on the old julian highway to mesa grande, took that to lake henshaw, then got on the 76 and hit up palomar mtn (not enjoyable on the uphill in a stock NA), then came back. only thing is, you gotta go early and come back early to beat all the local traffic. and watch for ice on palomar mtn.

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Mesa Grande, southbound, is my favorite...lots of tight twists when you exit off 79, then some high speed blast and a sharp downhill to the left, if you don't make the turn you go straight over the cliff and enjoy the view of the valley on the way down. Stop at Dudleys, then head up the hill to Wynola Road.

BTW, all of these roads are part of the San Diego Miata Club's Puke-O-Rama run on March 25th. 160 miles of back to back to back turns designed to (and has generally been successful at) making the passenger puke. The run leaders hand out barf bags at the beginning of the run, and they do get used. If you run in the first couple of groups (or as we used to do, run ahead of the run on our own), then you can run a better pace. The back end of the run (divided into groups of 10 cars or so) is usually the cruisers.

FYI
http://www.localendar.com/elsie?DAM=PublishedEvent&event_id=115&calendar_id=197575&more_info=N

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm down. Is this a touge or just more of a cruise? I followed the guys on m.net on a drive before and they drive soooo sloooow. :roll:

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
well the wife will let me go if we hit pechanga on the way home so I'm down....

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^Hahaha, sounds like a fair trade.

I am hoping that you guys won't let your ego oustrip your experience. I went on a drive in GMR with clubsi.com a few years back and a kid died going over a cliff. I would say I drive about 6-7 tenths off my car's and personal ability, I push, but not that hard. But CERTAINLY faster then the m.net drives, which seem more like parade laps. Then again, if you prefer to just cruise, then by all means, smell the flowers. I'll set it up with different "packs" according to confort level and experience.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts