ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Damn you're short, lol.

Are you using a Momo horn retainer ring? Trying to remember how I had my horn wired because it worked just fine...
Yep, hobbit height haha.

Yeah, the horn button came with its own retainer ring. D: I'm doing more research into it. My airbag light was on solidly before I installed it, and still is. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Not much to getting your horn to work and troubleshooting.

1: locate your horn button hot wire. It should be the only one in the center of the column, but you never know. The past owner may have done some strangeness.

2: Start touching it to stuff. Touch it to the steering column. This will make the horn beep. Now start touching it to other stuff, like the Momo hub and the area where your horn button grounds. It should keep beeping when you touch the horn wire to a ground.

If it does beep, the problem lies in the horn button. The ground strap is likely not making contact. A bit of work with some pliers will fix things.

If the horn does not beep, then your Momo hub is somehow not grounding. Which would be odd, since it should, but it's possible that it's somehow isolated from the column.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,897 Posts
+1 to what Adam said. I asked about the horn retainer ring because the little springy triangle on the horn button needs to touch the retainer ring so it can ground when you push it.

Based on zooming in on the pic I'd say that either Momo or more likely an eBay hub... but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
+1 to what Adam said. I asked about the horn retainer ring because the little springy triangle on the horn button needs to touch the retainer ring so it can ground when you push it.

Based on zooming in on the pic I'd say that either Momo or more likely an eBay hub... but I could be wrong.
Ebay hub. My boyfriend and I have each used a couple of these with no issues but I suppose maybe the issue lies there. We touched the horn wire to stuff and got no beep. Guess this weekend I'll be taking this all apart and figuring out what went wrong. If it's the hub I'll have to get another one.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,897 Posts
The ribbons in the clock spring are easier to break than you'd imagine. Did you do any dremel work there or smash it at all with the hub?

I'd also check the fuse and the relay too before ripping it apart... and did the horn work prior to the install?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Every time I see a low mileage white 91 in the area, I wonder if it was my old one :( you don't happen to know the name of the guy you bought the white car from, or have the vin# lying around do you?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
no way, that'd be hilarious if you were one of the previous owners. I don't have the name or the VIN anymore :/ He did say there were like 3-4 previous owners. I bought it from a guy near Halethorpe though?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I sold it to a young Asian kid, I believe I was the second owner. It had 13k miles on it when I purchased it and I sold it with around 30k

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hm. It definitely was an older guy, had like a family and such. It had 64000 on it when i bought it. Still possible though!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts