ClubRoadster.net banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
I think I'm going to pick up a Weekender. I can't decide if I want the Chrono or not. Maybe I'll go with 1 of each... they're cheap enough...
I really like the Chrono, but to each their own. Best prices I found for them were on eBay. I think I paid ~$40 for my blue faced polished case and I just got a second one with a bronze case and off white face for $31. Both came with leather straps. I tossed the one that came with the polished one, it was super cheap leather. I kept the one with the bronze one, it's a dark leather with a green stripe on it that actually feels decent so I work it through the rotation.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,630 Posts
Damn Chief... interesting collection.

I've hardly worn anything but a G-shock in the past month. There's something wrong with me.
It's my daily... I do the same.

Although on Halloween I wore my Seiko on one wrist and a cheap thrift store Armitron gold flexible stretch metal band thing watch on the other.

And I did order a new strap for the Seiko yesterday so I can put some miles on it...

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
2,934 Posts
I rarely wear a watch any more, I have a Casio for work but otherwise I just use my phone. Watch use is generally limited to date nights now. My wife has a pretty good collection as well, mostly thanks to me (she also has one of those rotary watches).

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,630 Posts
Finally ordered my first NATO strap. It's a cheapy on Amazon. Ordered it because it came with the spring posts and a tool. Future endeavors will be from the faves here...

The face is a light purple. The strap is blue but has a hint of purple in some light...

I think I like it...

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
I like cheapestnatostraps.com

I've bought a bunch of different straps from them and they all have been very nice. I recently ordered several 2 piece suede straps from them and they are awesome.

·
Vendor
11,684 Posts
I did this mod on my Gulfman a few months back.

Mod consists of...
1) Stealthed bezel from the G-9100
2) 16mm to 22mm NATO adapters from Keoni. These are molded ones, not the 3D printed ones he also sells.
3) Stealth Bond seat-belt NATO from Cincy Strapworks. I modded the strap with PVD hardware.
4) Removed most of the yellow text inside the crystal. I left the "P.SAVE" line intact but removed the RC and BATTERY text from the sides and RESIST text on the top.
5) Painted the red accents on the face in gloss black.
6) Heat anodized the titanium corner screws.
7) Heat anodized the titanium bezel insert after having success with the screws.
8) Airbrushed the G-9100 black plastic insert with transparent blue so it would match the blue and purple titanium a bit better.
9) Strengthened the NATO adapter and lugs to resist breaking.

It originally looked like this.

and with some bullbars

G-Shocks have ruined me for "real" watches. They're pretty much all I wear now. The accuracy and indestructibility really appeals to me.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
I finally bought a new watch, I had been rocking the Fossil Big Tic jr 8712 that bought back in 2001. It has been a great watch, however I have been wanting a smart watch for a few years. So I finally decided on the Garmin Fenix 3 Hr, Sapphire, Gray/Leather strap. I have had it for about a month now. I will probably never use all of its functions.

Just a few things from the web site

Omni-directional stainless steel EXO™ antenna, with GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology¹ measures heart rate at the wrist
Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more¹
1.2-inch sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display™ with high-strength domed sapphire lens
Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer and TracBack® feature.

Stock photo

Mine

261 - 280 of 302 Posts