I really like the Chrono, but to each their own. Best prices I found for them were on eBay. I think I paid ~$40 for my blue faced polished case and I just got a second one with a bronze case and off white face for $31. Both came with leather straps. I tossed the one that came with the polished one, it was super cheap leather. I kept the one with the bronze one, it's a dark leather with a green stripe on it that actually feels decent so I work it through the rotation.
I rarely wear a watch any more, I have a Casio for work but otherwise I just use my phone. Watch use is generally limited to date nights now. My wife has a pretty good collection as well, mostly thanks to me (she also has one of those rotary watches).
Mod consists of...
1) Stealthed bezel from the G-9100
2) 16mm to 22mm NATO adapters from Keoni. These are molded ones, not the 3D printed ones he also sells.
3) Stealth Bond seat-belt NATO from Cincy Strapworks. I modded the strap with PVD hardware.
4) Removed most of the yellow text inside the crystal. I left the "P.SAVE" line intact but removed the RC and BATTERY text from the sides and RESIST text on the top.
5) Painted the red accents on the face in gloss black.
6) Heat anodized the titanium corner screws.
7) Heat anodized the titanium bezel insert after having success with the screws.
8) Airbrushed the G-9100 black plastic insert with transparent blue so it would match the blue and purple titanium a bit better.
9) Strengthened the NATO adapter and lugs to resist breaking.
It originally looked like this.
and with some bullbars
G-Shocks have ruined me for "real" watches. They're pretty much all I wear now. The accuracy and indestructibility really appeals to me.
I finally bought a new watch, I had been rocking the Fossil Big Tic jr 8712 that bought back in 2001. It has been a great watch, however I have been wanting a smart watch for a few years. So I finally decided on the Garmin Fenix 3 Hr, Sapphire, Gray/Leather strap. I have had it for about a month now. I will probably never use all of its functions.
Just a few things from the web site
Omni-directional stainless steel EXO™ antenna, with GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology¹ measures heart rate at the wrist
Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more¹
1.2-inch sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display™ with high-strength domed sapphire lens
Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer and TracBack® feature.
This is the place to do it. I am NOT creating this thread to keep everything that could be possibly related to politics by three degrees of separation out of Random Thoughts, but as a place to get in depth.
This is where you post about things if you want to get farther than "Oh man isn't this...
I have been contemplating on creating this thread for some time now. I have want a thread that you can post pic of things that you think car kool that don't fit in threads such as the Dope shizz thread or You laugh you lose and such. So ill start out.
Alright, guys...post here your techniques for creating those awesome Roadster photos!
Camera type, lens type, filters, etc.
Photoshop techniques, plug-ins, etc.
KEEP IT ROADSTER related and post only photos that are representative of the techniques used.
There are other forums and even the...