ClubRoadster.net banner
3,221 - 3,240 of 3,346 Posts
It's so nerdy that I enjoy it this and I do. Not. CARE.

You think that's nerdy?
I bought Rick Astley's Whenever You Need Somebody two days ago. In vinyl. I'm 18.
Also, I keep this in my music library, and regularly listen to it.

You think that's nerdy?
Considering most people wouldn't admit to enjoying:

a.) Video game music (especially to a game over two decades old)
b.) Jazz
c.) Covers of both of the above

Yeah...I consider it nerdy. Admittedly, it requires rather specific knowledge and enjoyment of something that's likely older than you are.

Here's more of their work. A cover of one of my favorite tunes from the original Sonic the Hedgehog game (even older still):

a.) Video game music (especially to a game over two decades old)
b.) Jazz
c.) Covers of both of the above
I'd respectfully disagree. Ok, video games are nerdy, but jazz? In my experience jazz, while indeed horrendously niche, is frowned upon mainly because jazz listeners are seen as mildly pompous and arrogant about their music preferences (they enjoy "cultured music", you know). People whose attitude to music reflects "connoisseurs"' attitude towards wine: looking down on those with "cheaper" tastes, or even pretending to have more "refined" tastes in order to be able to do so. Whether that's true or not is of course irrelevant.
Now, what you're really looking for is a genre time forgot. A genre people grew out of. A genre 99% of people relegated into the "What the hell were we thinking" box.
Basically, what I'm saying is, chiptune Righeira.

Chiptune music would be nerdy for the same reason the stuff I mentioned is: it requires pretty inside knowledge of something made a long time ago that most people wouldn't even know about, much less admit to enjoying.

Chiptune music would be nerdy for the same reason the stuff I mentioned is: it requires pretty inside knowledge of something made a long time ago that most people wouldn't even know about, much less admit to enjoying.
Indeed. You'll admit that chiptune disco outnerds jazz chiptune by a mile.
Though really, that's a pointless debate. "Other people like it" isn't a feature.

I was gonna say "I'm going to stir up some heated debate", but that would imply the presence of a disagreement, whereas I'm pretty sure y'all will be unanimously against me here.
Still: Party All The Time was a banger.

I still laugh at that song. There was a run in the 80's when it seemed like every established actor wanted to put out a record. This was years before musicians did it in reverse (Mandy Moore is one of the hottest wholesome moms I've ever seen on TV, for example).

There was a run in the 80's when it seemed like every established actor wanted to put out a record.
I remember a particularly egregious example of that with a crazy-ass Italian telemarketer who put out a record revolving around her catchphrase. Google "Wanna Marchi" if you don't care about your ears.
They kinda tried to revive that phenomenon here lately, but luckily it didn't really catch on.

3,221 - 3,240 of 3,346 Posts