ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 945 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Director of Technology for a consulting company.

Actually, I only direct myself because I AM the IT Department. I do it all!

·
Mufasa in Training
31,125 Posts
Currently, Kroger's youngest mainframe programmer. I work on a team supporting our largest store ordering application.

Last year, I found a problem in some data hand-off to our Computer Assisted Ordering System (CAO) and was able to quantify just how many divisions and stores it affected whenever we have a problem (which at the time was quite common, and no one really seemed to be putting any priority on improving things). The find was so important that our new CIO mentioned it at our all-hands meeting, as it was enough to persuade the higher-ups to look at the process and buy a new monitoring tool just to make sure it didn't happen again 8)

(of course, it still does happen #-o, but thankfully less often)

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
I am studying Electrical Engineering at The University of South Florida in Tampa. For money I intern at a communications consulting firm in Sarasota (where I live).

As of right now I am out of school for the next 4 weeks or so. So I am working full time. I will be graduating in December, then working full time.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
senior cadd tech for a land development company, looking to switch over to the surveying side of the company as Im working with the engineers now. sure the money wouldnt be as good but what can I say, I'd rather work outside than be in the office.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Dood! You edited Suburbia? You are my idol now! That's one of my favoritest '80s movies. I remember watching it in 1986 over and over and over and over again. The new DVD helps satisfy the urge, though it's so out of synch as to be painful.

Where's that house, Flea?

Over there... Hey, my name's Razzle, man. :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm a full-time student (Bussiness major/ mechanical enginering minor) and race car driver. Oh and I'm working for Bothwell Motorsports (many sport compact drag record holder) for the summer.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
working as the office manager for a money manager and a hedge fund. will be going back to grad school in the fall.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I redesign software for the 2000 changeover.

No, not really but what I do is just about as boring.

I've been doing Software QA as a contractor for years now, I've done some really fun stuff (Forza Motorsport and Gotham 3), some "learning experiences" (MSN) and some boring as hell things.

My current gig falls into "well paying, but boring." I work at Intel (not for them though) in what they call "Brand Verification". Basically, I do the QA on a tool that allows OEMs to certify their computers to carry the Intel brand that you see on the boxes and at the end of commercials, etc.

Yeah, it sucks. Contract comes up soon though, I want something more fun, energetic and with a greater feeling of purpose.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm a systems analyist on an Army contract. Yup I work w/ SQL way to much too. I work for a company called PSS (Prefeered Systems Solutions) and our client is SDDC (Military Surface Deployment and Distrobution Command)...

GILAE (god I love abreviating everything!)

1 - 20 of 945 Posts