ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like there has been a lot of theft going on lately in the miata scene. I have recently had my wheels stolen. I see people losing hard tops and whole cars. I think it would be a good idea to post some theft prevention ideas.

The first things that come to mind for me are

The toploc

http://www.thetoploc.com/

Nrg hub lock

http://www.getnrg.com/

And of course, a car alarm.

Do you guys have any other tips, products, ideas to help prevent theft?

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I need to look into an nrg or quick release. I have those silly pattern lugnuts from like autozone. The thing that doesn't help is I know 2 other people with the sand lugnuts so they have the same key as me for them.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had those lug nuts when my wheels were stolen.

Edit: Now im using three standard lug nuts and one Mazda lock nut per wheel. Unfortunately the Mazda lock nut didn't fit my old wheels.

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
Me and a buddy went to test drive a greddy'd 1.6 once, the dudes theft prevention was taking his ecu wherever he went.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I like the idea of a shifter lock. Maybe something that would install under the center console and would be keyed similar to the top lock.

Maybe we could ask the peeps that make the top lock.

I would throw cash out right now someone make one. It's genius.

It could sit reward of the shifter and just be a u shaped prong that when you locked it would slide forward and hold the shifter in gear preferably.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I'm about to make a shorty console and after that going to make something that will lock my car in reverse when I'm not in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
how about a kill switch hidden under the dashboard or somewhere else?
like this

could cut ignition, alternator and battery

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Can you imagine someone trying to drive a stolen car thru the city in reverse.
I would park accordingly lol. But would be fucking funny.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts