ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
I need to look into an nrg or quick release. I have those silly pattern lugnuts from like autozone. The thing that doesn't help is I know 2 other people with the sand lugnuts so they have the same key as me for them.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
I'm about to make a shorty console and after that going to make something that will lock my car in reverse when I'm not in it.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
Can you imagine someone trying to drive a stolen car thru the city in reverse.
I would park accordingly lol. But would be fucking funny.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
Does anyone know if our miata keys are like Honda keys. I know a lot of Honda thieves just carry around a bunch of Honda keys because it's so easy to start or open a civic with a different Honda key.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
Same deal with 240's. My buddy has started like 6 other s13's with the key he has to his own car. Such a unsettling idea. *knock on wood* I'm blessed to live and work in good areas were petty **** like this isn't really a problem. Parking my toy in a garage also helps.
Yea that's sketchy but I was able to do the same thing when I had a civic. I started my friends civic and he freaked out. I'm also grateful to live in what seems to be a nice area and I have a small garage to park my car in at night.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
I've heard of this happening too. This one drives me crazy the most but there's a benefit to having a seriously low car.
Pfff doesn't matter if your car is low or not. Trust me. My car and adamvanxxx's were stolen together one night in Chicago with flatbed tow trucks. My car was fucking low.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
Yea dude it sucks. Had a lot of time and money in that car and was never seen again.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
Not really. Most of these things named are already known theft prevention items plus if you have several of these things more than likely someone isnt going to try and steal your car because it will take too lol. Plus it was also stated. If someone really wants your car. It will be stolen. Flat bed is all you need and that also is common knowledge.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
hmm anyone who has an experience with wiring and time can find most kill switches
my friend who did electronics said he can track all of them down. Just might take him a little time.
But it should work for just the local thief who knows nothing!
There is your problem though. Most theives won't spend much time fucking with this. they stroll up to a car that has a steering wheel lock, they go ok thats not that hard, then they have a hard time starting it plus if someone makes up something to lock there car in gear. They will immediatly be annoyed and leave. They are not going to spend a lot of time in the car.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
rather have it somewhat vandalized and them making noise to get caught then never seeing my car again... for the second time.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
I am just going to weld a machete to a garage spring on a feather trigger under my car. I'll call the police when I find the body
Lol no one would steal your car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.