ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· I wanna go fast
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there has been a lot of theft going on lately in the miata scene. I have recently had my wheels stolen. I see people losing hard tops and whole cars. I think it would be a good idea to post some theft prevention ideas.

The first things that come to mind for me are

The toploc

http://www.thetoploc.com/

Nrg hub lock

http://www.getnrg.com/

And of course, a car alarm.

Do you guys have any other tips, products, ideas to help prevent theft?

· I wanna go fast
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had those lug nuts when my wheels were stolen.

Edit: Now im using three standard lug nuts and one Mazda lock nut per wheel. Unfortunately the Mazda lock nut didn't fit my old wheels.

· I wanna go fast
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A friend of mine wired in a magnetic switch under his dash of his mr2. In order to start his car he has to swipe a magnet on a certain part of his dash.

Right now my car would be pretty difficult to steal. I myself am more worried about the HT and the wheels. The goodwin brackets are going on my list of things to buy. Either that or the toploc. My biggest concern since I have already had it happen is wheel theft.

· I wanna go fast
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Same deal with 240's. My buddy has started like 6 other s13's with the key he has to his own car. Such a unsettling idea. *knock on wood* I'm blessed to live and work in good areas were petty **** like this isn't really a problem. Parking my toy in a garage also helps.

Theft doesn't always happen at night or at home. I know a guy who's wheels were stolen at the movie theater and another guy who's car was stolen while he was at the grocery store.

· I wanna go fast
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
There is your problem though. Most theives won't spend much time fucking with this. they stroll up to a car that has a steering wheel lock, they go ok thats not that hard, then they have a hard time starting it plus if someone makes up something to lock there car in gear. They will immediatly be annoyed and leave. They are not going to spend a lot of time in the car.

What sucks is when they get annoyed and vandalize the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.