ClubRoadster.net banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

· Registered
737 Posts
I like the idea of a shifter lock. Maybe something that would install under the center console and would be keyed similar to the top lock.

Maybe we could ask the peeps that make the top lock.

I would throw cash out right now someone make one. It's genius.

It could sit reward of the shifter and just be a u shaped prong that when you locked it would slide forward and hold the shifter in gear preferably.

There was an option on 1st Eclipse/Galant VR4s that would allow you to program/Flash the ECU with a special pedal sequence to start it. I'd like to see this done with our cars.

quick search: Something like this -
http://www.technomotive.com/prod/eprom/eprom.htm

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
Does anyone know if our miata keys are like Honda keys. I know a lot of Honda thieves just carry around a bunch of Honda keys because it's so easy to start or open a civic with a different Honda key.

· Registered
822 Posts
Does anyone know if our miata keys are like Honda keys. I know a lot of Honda thieves just carry around a bunch of Honda keys because it's so easy to start or open a civic with a different Honda key.
Same deal with 240's. My buddy has started like 6 other s13's with the key he has to his own car. Such a unsettling idea. *knock on wood* I'm blessed to live and work in good areas were petty **** like this isn't really a problem. Parking my toy in a garage also helps.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
Same deal with 240's. My buddy has started like 6 other s13's with the key he has to his own car. Such a unsettling idea. *knock on wood* I'm blessed to live and work in good areas were petty **** like this isn't really a problem. Parking my toy in a garage also helps.
Yea that's sketchy but I was able to do the same thing when I had a civic. I started my friends civic and he freaked out. I'm also grateful to live in what seems to be a nice area and I have a small garage to park my car in at night.

· I wanna go fast
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A friend of mine wired in a magnetic switch under his dash of his mr2. In order to start his car he has to swipe a magnet on a certain part of his dash.

Right now my car would be pretty difficult to steal. I myself am more worried about the HT and the wheels. The goodwin brackets are going on my list of things to buy. Either that or the toploc. My biggest concern since I have already had it happen is wheel theft.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts

· Registered
737 Posts

· I wanna go fast
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Theft doesn't always happen at night or at home. I know a guy who's wheels were stolen at the movie theater and another guy who's car was stolen while he was at the grocery store.

· Supporting Member
2,003 Posts
I've heard of this happening too. This one drives me crazy the most but there's a benefit to having a seriously low car.
Pfff doesn't matter if your car is low or not. Trust me. My car and adamvanxxx's were stolen together one night in Chicago with flatbed tow trucks. My car was fucking low.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.