ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
and two civics that me and adam owned last year lolz.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Miatas have always been popular...whether with the masses or enthusiasts/tuners such as ourselves. I do feel ever since the Miata thread on Honda-Tech was created, some might soon make the switch over to the roadster. Reliable, RWD, plenty of aftermarket support, tons of em on the road, and affordable. It can and has become the alternative to a Civic/Integra. And since the car is in demand/popular and common, it makes sense that thieves will jack the car/parts for profit or for themselves. My method of theft prevention, none really besides locking my doors and having lojack. Also choosing where to park ie avoiding bad neighborhoods/places. If a thief wants your car, he/she will get it especially if they are seasoned. Back when I had my Integra GSR I would get followed home, thats one of the reasons I sold her. Put way to much money into her and paranoia was high. At least with my Miata I have more peace of mind...its nowhere near as bad as owning a Honda. Some Hondas are less theft prone though ie. Prelude/Del Sol/NSX/S2K/newer Civics.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
What happens when it dies?

I have used the find my iPhone app many times to find my girlfriends phone, not sure if it worked with the power off.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
My car always sits weeks at a time without being driven. Luckily its winter.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Mine was but now it has wheels on it, Its still basically not driveable though because the wheels rub too bad.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I'm in exactly the same boat! LOL! I just ignored the rubbing so I could take pix tonight. More fender mangling this weekend...

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I can't do anymore mangling and the tires are rubbing the paint off. This means flares go on this weekend.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Just make it known that you own lots of guns. And a pitbull.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Considering buying one of those, especially since we can have 2€/month mobile phone contract here now (1h/60SMS).
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/gps-gsm-gprs-tracker-for-personal-remote-positioning-29284
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/quad-band-gps-gsm-car-vehicle-tracker-850mhz-900mhz-1800mhz-1900mhz-67653

Any idea where to locate the antenna for good signal while being hidden ?

Unfortunately same website sells this kind of device that defeats the purpose ...
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/car-cigarette-powered-gps-blocker-black-dc-12v-115994
Professional car thieves would have some, as GPS tracker is something you can expect on a luxury car. It is also said they park cars underground to kill signal...

May give me just enough time to locate the car before they even find the device.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Steel bollards" are your best friends when it comes to protection. Very easy to install and very sturdy too. firstchoicebollards.com.au

81 - 99 of 99 Posts