ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I need some advice. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing as of last night someone decided they wanted to break into my car and rip out my dash...My door was locked and my garage door to my apartment was closed but theres no way to lock it. I don't have renters insurance but was curious as to wether it was the landlords responsibility to install locks and have them reimburse me or if i'm just **** out of luck?

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Everyday I become more and more in shock. This wave of thefts is nonsense. Sorry op for your **** getting stolen and that's a good question but I think renters insurance would have covered that if I'm not mistaken.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Hey Guys, I need some advice. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing as of last night someone decided they wanted to break into my car and rip out my dash...
that's what he said.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol that's a huge difference.
tru tru if it was the entire dash I wouldve flipped, the cd player was a $40 jvc I got on black friday which isn't hard to replace...just the fact that they took my crutchfield harness. I have a feeling these guys knew what they were doing. Me and my roomates are going to complain about the lack of locks on the garage door and see if they will reimburse me with something. Time to bring my wheels and a few other misc. things up stairs!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
tru tru if it was the entire dash I wouldve flipped, the cd player was a $40 jvc I got on black friday which isn't hard to replace...just the fact that they took my crutchfield harness. I have a feeling these guys knew what they were doing. Me and my roomates are going to complain about the lack of locks on the garage door and see if they will reimburse me with something. Time to bring my wheels and a few other misc. things up stairs!
I have never kept valuable parts in the garage. They always stay in my apartment. I even have a lock on my garage well an electronic garage open. And honestly if they took the dash. I'd be impressed not mad.

·
Supporting Member
763 Posts
Sorry you had this happen but I don't think your apartment is liable for anything. You knew there were no locks on the garage so its pretty much use at your own risk type thing.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
If you had renters insurance I believe it would be different.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
You had wheels stored in the garage, and the thieves took a $40 autozone radio?

Must've been crack heads and not Honda guys.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we talked to the landlord and they said to file a claim with my my car insurance company and they will contact the rental companies insurance. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You had wheels stored in the garage, and the thieves took a $40 autozone radio?

Must've been crack heads and not Honda guys.
Lol probably saw that they were cheapo drags and passed.....

I know about the cost of renters insurance ....for some reason I thought my gf started a policy but turns out didn't happen

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Well that sucks.

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
miatas really are turning into the new civic...
Seriously, WTF? Over the last couple of weeks it seems like the number of theft posts are increasing exponentially. I like having cheap insurance on my car, this ain't cool at all...

donnyg20, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It sucks to have your **** broken into, it sucks harder when they destroy your dash to get a POS head unit - I've had it happen to me too...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well we talked to the landlord and they said to file a claim with my my car insurance company and they will contact the rental companies insurance. But I'm not getting my hopes up.
yeah pretty much since you moved in knowing there were no locks on the garage
and it's only a problem for you now that something was stolen

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Definitely crack heads if they just took your radio.

Unless it was this guy. Did you happen to have a blaupunkt?

Thats shitty you can't lock the door. You should try and contact the front office and see if you can add a lock. There has to be a way if your **** is being taken.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts