ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Fuji Racings yesterday, the instructions need some improving, which Jimmy said he was doing already, and some of the bolts that you're supposed to reuse were the wrong lengths, but it was straight forward.

I'm not supper impressed with the piggyback so far. I still need to play with them more but below 3k its fairly doggy. And it idles at 1200, and it vibrates alot. I still have to play with idle air screws on each throttle body though. Above 3k its fine, but it still feels a little choked down. I don't have my header, cat delete or exhaust on yet, thats todays project, so hopefully that will make it better.

Having said all that, the sound is AWESOME!!!!! I can't really tell if its more powerful, I'm betting that right now I don't have the settings dailed in and the lack of free flow on the exahust side is cramping the IRTBs style. Hopefully by Weds I have everything else in and have a better "tune."

I'll post pics latter once I figure out how too :( (MORON!!!)

·
Mufasa in Training
32,611 Posts
Nice to see someone's done an install. Do keep us up to date!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a camera for videos and photos, but last time I tried to post pics they wouldn't show....

·
Mufasa in Training
32,611 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Driving is ok above 3k, I have been fiddiling with the SUBCON ECU and gotten it a little better, but then I had some dead spots played a little mroe and I think its about as good as its gonna get until I balance the throttle bodies. There's some wierd surging at part throttle were it will gain power and then lose power at the same throttle position going a constant speed, like 65 on the highway for example.

As for piggy back vs standalone, Jimmy said that the stand alone will get you started and the car will run. Which it has, I think that idleing and part throttle driveability is definatly hurt by using the Piggyback vs a standalone. I'm planning on using Megasquirt, I just wanted to have it going!! I was planning on putting Megasquirt off until winter but I think that will be my next purchase to get everything perfect with the fuel map (and ignition eventually).

·
4,436 Posts
Again, you need to sync your throttle bodies - I can tell already just by seeing the video. Also, I would have balanced my injectors before install - replace all plugs and wires as well. I had one wire when I installed mine that created some havoc with the idle sensitivity.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Syncrometer ordered!

Will that fix the rough idle?

How do you balance injectors?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,611 Posts
The injectors will have to be sent off to be professionally balanced. Basically, you're trying to match the flow rates across all 4 injectors (over time, this can vary--even with new parts).

Send them to this guy. He's been recommended by plenty of folks wiser than I:

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/

1 - 20 of 66 Posts