ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Bimmer Challenge - B5
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Growing up, there were things we always wished we could do. Look or act more mature. What were some things you wished you could do that once you did were not what they were cracked up to be?

I am in my late 20s so this may be something odd for many of you but I will start.

Shaving, daily, so irritating. :?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Just about any skill that looked cool to have as an adult, but isn't because you're only using them to do other peoples work :p.
But to be more specific, how about being able to fix cars!

·
Registered
619 Posts
having a car. As much joy as it brings. Its a pain in the ass

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Fixing other peoples cars suck unless they have the decency to pay you well for the job.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Fixing other peoples cars suck unless they have the decency to pay you well for the job.
Face it almost no one does. Usually its the really girl that just has some stupid issue like a tail light or batt.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
True, but I can't really bring myself to make friends pay me too much.
More in the way of a case of beer or a bottle of liqour for a days work.
But I don't really have to hurry to get the job done, it's more like a tech day at my grandma's house :p.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
touch boobies. sorry, i figure i'd drag this thread down asap to get it out of the way... although boobies are waaaay better than i ever imagined.. :D

anyways. i thought living on my own would be awesome! have whatever bed time i wanted. eat what i wanted.. do what i wanted.. then i moved out.. and had bills.. and bills.. and had to do dishes.. and cook.. meh.. "growing up" isn't all it's cracked up to be... except boobies..

·
Registered
619 Posts
True, but I can't really bring myself to make friends pay me too much.
More in the way of a case of beer or a bottle of liqour for a days work.
But I don't really have to hurry to get the job done, it's more like a tech day at my grandma's house :p.
So true. I really hate accepting money from people I know!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
anyways. i thought living on my own would be awesome! have whatever bed time i wanted. eat what i wanted.. do what i wanted.. then i moved out.. and had bills.. and bills.. and had to do dishes.. and cook.. meh.. "growing up" isn't all it's cracked up to be... except boobies..
Psh, I am 21 and just live with a roomate and I make enough money to pay all my bills and have cash to do what I want. Living on your own is waaay better then being stuck in a house with 3 sister and shitty parents.

·
Mnt Climber/ Trail Runner
180 Posts
Touch boobies. Sorry, I figure I'd drag this thread down asap to get it out of the way, although boobies are waaaay better than I ever imagined... :D

Anyways, I thought living on my own would be awesome! Have whatever bed time I wanted, eat what I wanted.. Do what I wanted.. Then I moved out and had bills... And bills... And had to do dishes... And cook... meh.. "growing up" isn't all it's cracked up to be... Except boobies!

Quoted (and edited, sorry ace that was too much) for truthfulness, specially the "boobies" part.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Psh, I am 21 and just live with a roomate and I make enough money to pay all my bills and have cash to do what I want. Living on your own is waaay better then being stuck in a house with 3 sister and shitty parents.

i'm happy for you. i make enough money to pay my bills and do most of what i want also.. it's just amazing how much money it does take to live on your own.. just wait till you own a house and have a wife. you ain't all growed up yet..

edit: not to say living on your own completely sucks.. it's just not what i thought it was going to be..

·
Registered
396 Posts
marriage...

thought it would be a little bit less boring then this. we never argue or fight, we aren't jealous of each other nor do we condemn each others friends. she has a lot of questionable male friends, and i have questionable female friends... but we're getting divorced anyways. all is well that ends well. we're actually gonna have a pre-divorce party in january, and an actual divorce party in june.

·
180 Posts
marriage...

thought it would be a little bit less boring then this. we never argue or fight, we aren't jealous of each other nor do we condemn each others friends. she has a lot of questionable male friends, and i have questionable female friends... but we're getting divorced anyways. all is well that ends well. we're actually gonna have a pre-divorce party in january, and an actual divorce party in june.

Dude, I am sorry about your divorce. Sounds to me like neither one of you were "into it".

With that said, post argument/fight sex is one of lifes greatest pleasures!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Sleeping with my moms friends. It is only cool in your head. After you do it=world of complications.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
I really hate how parents lie to their kids throughout their adolescence about things like Santa Claus and other fictional characters as if they were real.
Some might become disillusioned and resentful and a little bitter as a result.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Sleeping with my moms friends. It is only cool in your head. After you do it=world of complications.

:ttiwwp:

XD

·
180 Posts
I really hate how parents lie to their kids throughout their adolescence about things like Santa Claus and other fictional characters as if they were real.
Some might become disillusioned and resentful and a little bitter as a result.
I don't know if you are kidding or not, but that is EXACTLY how I feel. If or when I ever get to have children, there won't be Santa, "Tooth Fairy" or "Easter Bunny" crap.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts