ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just like the title states, I'm thinking about picking one up as my DD. If I buy one, I would just put wheels and lower it and call it a day.
Anyone in here have ever owned or have one ATM? Pros and cons about the car? Maintenance costs?
I would appreciate all the future inputs...

Attachments

·
CR.net Supporter
1,085 Posts
Pards i saw a well maintained, almost prestine old school cressida at craig's, $2600. clean man! Im so tempted..

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Funny. I have been looking at getting one as a daily driver.

They look good with the right set of wheels & lowering. (^_^ )

Don't know about maintenance & all that, but being that it's a Toyota, it should be pretty reliable if the previous owner(s) took care of it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jay-Z had one in the Dead President's video, DO IT!

·
Registered
265 Posts
They're Ok reliability wise. The 2jz is a strong motor.

In those years, everything electrical in those lexi had a harness and a control module. If you get one, make sure everything works first.

Tracking down electrical problems in those cars is a pain in the ass. An expensive pain in the ass.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Changing the spark plugs is kind of fucked up though. Remove the intake crossover pipe and maybe the throttle body?
The factory change interval on the platinum plugs is an insane amount of miles though.

But yea, it's a bitch.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Imma scratch off this idea. I might be going the euro route. I might buy my friend's MB 98 C280 Sport. Jay, being a previous Benz owner, give me some inputs, i.e. reliability, maintenance costs, etc. or anyone else that has/still owns one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll just start by saying most people want RELIABLE DDs...
Hence the DD.

You're looking in the wrong place for reliability.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^Perhaps, I'll weigh my options as funds become available...hell I might just buy an EG or a 4 door integra and pocket the rest. We'll see.

·
Beeeeer!
1,723 Posts
Only thing that messed up on my 96 c280 was wear and tear items. The car drove up and down Florida without a problem and was very comfortable. Problem is that the gearing isnt very good for highway driving and it's not very fast over 80 mph. The sound system is awesome.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
do it i have been looking at the 2nd Gen Lexus GS300 you can find them for 5-8 k where i live my buddys is great it has 280,000 on it and has never gave him a problem. i like the look of 2nd gen more mods.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only thing that messed up on my 96 c280 was wear and tear items. The car drove up and down Florida without a problem and was very comfortable. Problem is that the gearing isnt very good for highway driving and it's not very fast over 80 mph. The sound system is awesome.
Do you still have it?
Yeah the BOSE system is really good. The body line is timeless.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
2004 Infiniti M45.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Don't worry about th etiming chain. It's just a small bump in the road to Bippu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just like the title states, I'm thinking about picking one up as my DD. If I buy one, I would just put wheels and lower it and call it a day.
Anyone in here have ever owned or have one ATM? Pros and cons about the car? Maintenance costs?
I would appreciate all the future inputs...
Definitely good cars I got one has around 300,000 noone took care of it cut springs the whole works but even on the edge of rod knock still pulled on anyone trying to run em red light to red light or rolling at 60. I pushed it to far one night had it for about 2 months never changed oil or anything burnt offa set of nexens developed rod knock drive it a week knocking like a Jehovas witness before it quit got a junk yard motor coilovers adjustable front uppers and rear lowers still going. Definitely worth it and it's a 2j same platform as a supra just heavy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts