ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my miata, things were falling apart. I'm planning on changing my steering wheel since it's starting to get old. Here's the what I was looking at:

Any ideas if this will directly fit? Found it on google images, so I need to get more information on it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fit directly with a miata hub adaptor with what appears to be a momo bolt pattern? Yes.
I was thinking NRG quick release and this steering wheel. Idk what's the hub size and all the info I need to get it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The quick release still requires a hub adaptor. As far as I know the NRG hubs require some slight modification to fit miata's, as do the ebay hubs. There are how-to write ups all over. Works-bell and dakai make miata specific hubs. They are more expensive but very high quality.

·
Registered
748 Posts

I know theres a thread, that will answer your question, on here somewhere. However, since I have asked this same question before, and Im not a :phillyb:, Ill share my thoughts.

1:Dont buy an Ebay steering wheel
2: If you buy a brand name wheel, get their hub
3: It sounds like Momo hubs fit NRG quick releases and therefore Momo wheels can be used on NRG hubs.
4: If it says it fits your car make, model, and year, it most likely will.

Good luck

Anybody can correct me if Im wrong.

·
Supporting Member
375 Posts
o and the daikei hub was easy to install. took me about 20 min to take everything off, have a couple of smokes, then put the hub and new wheel on.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o and the daikei hub was easy to install. took me about 20 min to take everything off, have a couple of smokes, then put the hub and new wheel on.
yeah the steering wheel is easy to remove except it took me almost an hour, because of the cusco roll cage being in the way -__-.. lol

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm planning on getting the dakei hub and that white steering wheel. I don't know the brand.. It isn't nardi or momo. On google its called "JDM white steering wheel" lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looks like complete garbage. I'm probably right too.

Spend a bit more and get a real nardi or momo that wont fold in half if you crash or lean back.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
It says right in the product description what bolt pattern this wheel is, WTF is the problem here?

If the wheel adaptor you buy also has that same bolt pattern, which they all say which ones they support right in their description, the wheel will bolt to the adaptor if it is a match.

Fkn read, holy ****.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have one of those smooth jdm wheels. Really got tired of it, there is no grip when driving with gloves and the size is terribly small for any performance driving. It was white, I've painted it a bunch of different colors since it's just wood and I'm just bored of it, now I'm just in the market for a real Momo or Nardi.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ignore link already posted -.-

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have one of those smooth jdm wheels. Really got tired of it, there is no grip when driving with gloves and the size is terribly small for any performance driving. It was white, I've painted it a bunch of different colors since it's just wood and I'm just bored of it, now I'm just in the market for a real Momo or Nardi.
We'll see.. Its a start?

If you like the way that wheel looks you might want to check out http://griproyal.bigcartel.com/product/royal-halo
They seem to be pretty nice wheels and aren't that much more than the Ebay one.
Thanks

Ignore link already posted -.-
what?

·
Registered
59 Posts

Uh... be careful of that ebay wheel or question the heck out of the seller. That wheel pictured is in no way a Nardi bolt pattern and Nardi patterns are not compatible with Momo or NRG hubs without an adapter plate between them. Looks to me like a Momo pattern but I could be wrong. Get confirmation on the configuration before pulling the trigger to buy. Just a FYI.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Uh... be careful of that ebay wheel or question the heck out of the seller. That wheel pictured is in no way a Nardi bolt pattern and Nardi patterns are not compatible with Momo or NRG hubs without an adapter plate between them. Looks to me like a Momo pattern but I could be wrong. Get confirmation on the configuration before pulling the trigger to buy. Just a FYI.
Thanks! I will bomb the seller with questions. lol

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally got the Grant hub 3597 installed. I had to cut my horn and air bag cords. Why? because the hub wouldn't fit.. Any Ideas to refab the horn to the steering wheel again? It has a cord which connects on the hub (looks grounded) then it connects all the way to the steering wheel. Lmk.. I'll post pictures later.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts