ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ola Club Roadster! I just picked a 92 NA last week and I enjoy forum/build threads so here we go.

Background: I have really been wanting a "tune car" to cruise around like the old days for the past year or so. I own a Evo IX that as of last year has been turned into a full blown Time Attack car, The Evo is still tagged and registered but it is so stupid to drive. I also own a 97 ITR but I fear driving/leaving it in public places. I tossed around the idea of buying a S2000 for along time because I wanted something light, rwd. As of last week it occurred to me that an S2000 really isn't in the cards for me due to their cost. So whats cheap, light, rwd and gay? A lil red Mazda Miata of course! I owned/ raced a 96 Spec Miata a few years back (I wish I never sold that car). My quest to find one started about a week ago (after I convinced the wife) and my only requirements for the car were: NA chassis, straight body, zero rust, non-butcherd and running.

The Evo:

The ITR:

Fast forward and I picked the car you see in the pictures. The car is a 1992 with 180,xxx miles, jacked paint, show chrome roll hoop thing, bitchin american racing wheels with tires from 1986. The good is the car was very well taken care of mechanically: New brake rotors, plugs, hoses, timing belt, new glass soft top etc.

So what are plans and goals? I want to get back to my roots and build a fun lil car to cruise on the weekend and maybe take to the track. I am also using this car to learn body work as I am going to respray the car myself, this is something I have been wanting to do for a along time. On to the pics:

Picking her up.

The bad side

Complete interior

1.6 power house.

Parts I have already have/on order: TR Motorsports C1 15x8 +20, 225/45/15 RS3's, AK V1 flares, AK V2 trunk, Knock-off GV lip, misc interior parts. In the search for coilovers, I haven't decided what to buy. Stay tuned for updates and pics.

Peace, Tim

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm why not the tubular RB front sway, Tim?
This bar was an Ebay find aka too cheap to pass up.

I like where this thread is going.

What color is it gonna be?
I was planning a color change but I'm not sure I wanna even begin to mess with that. I have never been a fan of red cars but this one is growing on me. So to answer your question, red.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I was planning a color change but I'm not sure I wanna even begin to mess with that. I have never been a fan of red cars but this one is growing on me. So to answer your question, red.
If you're gonna go through the trouble, maybe some flakes at least?

Then again, just having clearcoat is an upgrade imo, single stage pits, and fades to an unrestorable crappyness on the bumpers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A fellow New Mexican, nice!
I just picked up my miata like a week ago as well

·
Registered
915 Posts
This should be good.

You'll wish you woulda went with a 1.8L.
Pretty sure the EVO will satisfy any "need for speed" he's got, this is just a little cruiser for him and his wife to enjoy that's also gonna be able to run with the rest of the Miatas in our time attack series.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice start......Evo and ITR look amazing. I'll follow to see where this is going.
Thanks man.

If you're gonna go through the trouble, maybe some flakes at least?
Then again, just having clearcoat is an upgrade imo, single stage pits, and fades to an unrestorable crappyness on the bumpers.
Yeah Im just looking forward to having a shiny car.

A fellow New Mexican, nice!
I just picked up my miata like a week ago as well
The white 95 right? I wanted that car.

This should be good.

You'll wish you woulda went with a 1.8L.
"Stock" hit the nail on the head with the post above. I may go 1.8 if the 1.6 goes boom boom.

Is that a porsche I spy? Sick line up btw. :bouncin:
Yes sir, 67 911S my father restored before he passed, By far the coolest car in the garage.

Update: Well I got a little more body work done and then I got distracted with wheels and suspension crap.

Tire mounted up.

Flyin Miata Vmaxx Classic NB coilovers.

20 year old shocks :eek:

I cleaned 20 years of grim and touched up the undercoating in the fender wells.

touching ground

rear

Random crap:

20mm wheel spacers and extended studs

Techno Toy nobber I got for X-mas

1 - 20 of 325 Posts