ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NSX is probably my next big 1/1 purchase... This is what I would like my 1/1 NSX would looks like...
Ever since Autoart NSX cam out my Kyosho NSX came out from display case and went to the parts bin :roll: That's how good and accurate AA's NSX is
compare to the Kyosho ones.
So about the mods... I wanted the look of 'type R' ,so went with 5 spoke Nismo LMGT4 wheels. Nismo on Honda's bit weird ,so I modified it to look a bit more like the Enkei's custom wheels for F40 GTE. It's 17in up front and 18in with added lip in the rear. NSX always looks the best with Staggered size front and Rear IMO. Since, AA Hub and wheels are impossible to separate, I used the whole axle assembly from R34 GT-R where the wheels are from. Rear was pretty east to adapt to NSX's sub-frame structures. Front needed to have new upper A-arm glued in and modify the lower A- arm to compensate the width.
AA did excellent job and separated the front bumper into two piece ,so I used the lower piece to make new front balance. I wanted clean ,but aggressive look. It was first structured with styrene sheets to get the shape I want ,then modeled with Automotive bondo to finish it. It was easy to mirror left and right b/c of Styrene sheet I used for structure.
Side skirt was similar to the front balance, but it was created entirely styrene and bondo. Just simple and clean shape.
Rear part of the car is more aggressive than the rest of the kit. I used 1/24 NSX JGTC's diffuser and modified it to fit the 1/18.
Exhaust is Taitec style straight pipes(I wish it was 1/1 and hear that lovely sounds :mrgreen: )
Rear wing is from Porsche 996 GT3 RSR with modified up-rights.
Continue with type R look, I got the set of seats from Kyosho F40 which looks very close to Type r light weight seats. I didn't want to go crazy and paint the carpet red, so left the rest of the interior stock. Only the steering wheel is changed from ugly airbag one to sparco wheels.
Engine, I wanted to keep the full JDM sprit and went with Full tune NA w/ open throttle body look. Everything had to built from scratch using various materials. I also had oil reservoir for Dry-sump system.
It was fun building this one...and it came out the way I wanted :D I'm also planning to make resin body kit parts made, so for those of you would be interested, please check with in the future~ Thanks! :D

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Loving it.

FYI, your rear tires should be rotated :p

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Man I want to start doing this. Seems like a good way to relieve stress and make something dope at the same time.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Golly! My jaw just dropped....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts