ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
that's the safety21 i have the same rollbar. and i don't think it's chromoly sorry to burst your bubble... because if it was chromoly it wouldn't be able to be tracked under japanese regulations. The blue color roll bars are made of chromoly. I run my seat beats inside the bar as well. but other then that great rollbar =)

hey i noticed your from bc.. i am from vancouver. where do you live? did you get that bar from ocean?

·
Sponsor
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jesseclee - the bar is in front of the belt towers, but can easily be run inside or outside the bar. i run it outside because its easier to reach when i go to buckle up.

nevadabob - yeah the rear supports mount right by where the struts are. i had to take off some plate that the carpet mounts to, but as soon as i trim the carpet and fold it down, noone will be the wiser.

geromichi - it is the chromoly one, it was ordered in black. the blue would look fairly out of place in my black interior.
i didnt order it from ocean or anyone affilliated with chikara. i find it extremely difficult to do business with those guys. they dont remember what it was like to be the consumer. i bought it from a friend of one of the vancouvermiatas forum members who has his own part importing deal going on. i also have a gv lip on the way soon.

frictionfighter - the hardtop fits fine, but i have to get fixed sidelatch plates because the main hoop runs right in front of the original latches. so its a bit more pain in the ass to go from hardtop to softtop. right now i'm just rolling around with my softtop until i can make something up for the hardtop. i'm not sure how good it would be to run the hardtop with just the top latches. so i'm just playing it safe.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
can you even drive with the seat all the way back with a helmet on? let alone without a helmet?

I've never seen the design before....I'd be afraid the bar runs right over my head, not behind it, and the construction of the verticals looks to be a weak link in a rollover.

·
Registered
92 Posts
wuddup yo!!..hows the sportmaxes? show me some pix!!! haha. dude..that roll bar looks pretty sick, but i dunno about that bolt right behind ur head. I heard of some people puttin some kinda cushionin on the bolt or somethin incase u slam ur knoggin on it..

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
can you even drive with the seat all the way back with a helmet on? let alone without a helmet?

I've never seen the design before....I'd be afraid the bar runs right over my head, not behind it, and the construction of the verticals looks to be a weak link in a rollover.
Nah, these bars hold up perfectly well in a roll; seen the results. The design is accepted by the FIA. If the bold fails, the bar will tend to lock up againnst the support bar.

This design is pretty standard in Japan. Pretty much all of these bars will affect seat travel; some more than others. . Carbing seem topretty much the worst in that respect. I had one of those in my last Roadster. The '96 has a D-tec bar, which is pretty good seat travel. I've put in a Cusco/Stafety21 steel bar; its pretty good, not quite as good as the D-tec. You can get rubber caps from Motorsports suppliers to cover over these blt heads.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.