ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a time when you guys bought this site and we were told that there would be no ads for registered members. The last time we had a discussion about it, you told us to go **** ourselves, this is the way it is now.

Now, on my PC, Adblock prevents anywhere from 6 to 12 ads from coming up on each and every page i load. It's disgusting.

I could not log into the site on my phone for years because there were so many ads that it would crash my phone before i could successfully enter my username.

Now, with the most recent site update, there is an unwanted download that attempts to start each and every time my browser points to clubroadster.net. This is the only site i've ever had this sort of issue with.

Get your **** together. Or continue to get worse and worse traffic numbers each and every day.

Screenshot of your disgusting malware download attached.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hahaha jokes on me. The file uploader doesn't work. I can't share my screenshot.

Great job, guys.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I get errors every time I try to get on with my phone after this update and can't see anything past the banner

·
Administrator
780 Posts
Hello there,

So sorry to hear that! We can get this reported to our tech team for further investigation. Very sorry about this. Before I do so, I would like to know if other users are experiencing this issue. Is it a mobile issue or a desktop issue as well?

I have just tested this on an iPhone 7 plus with Chrome and I didn't get the download.
Do you mind telling us which browser and device are you using?
I see that you used the "desktop view". Do you get this with tapatalk or enhanced mobile view?
Also, try removing your caches and cookies and see if that will make any improvements.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phone.

Dolphin browser. I dont use tapatalk. Nor do i use mobile view because it's garbage and ad-ridden.

I've cleared everything and still happens. Only on this site. I only ever have problems on this site.

·
Administrator
780 Posts
I heard pitchforks are on sale..
:smile1:

It sometimes happens on my work computer using Windows Explorer when I'm not logged in.
that's a different issue i believe with IE users. Not that I"m saying you shouldn't use it anymore. :)

Phone.

Dolphin browser. I dont use tapatalk. Nor do i use mobile view because it's garbage and ad-ridden.

I've cleared everything and still happens. Only on this site. I only ever have problems on this site.
so the issues with the desktop mode. It's going to happen regardless what browser you're using. We're not sure why it keeps on happening but it needs to be blocked case by case.

We are still working out the issues there. for now, when that happens, if you can grab the URL, we can block them and hopefully they don't keep coming back. if you can't get the URL, we can see if sending our ad manager can get the direct ad line item through screen shots.

Lee

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok sure.

The URL is www.clubroadster.net.

Hope that helps.

It's not a URL. It's a pop up explicitly for a download. It's malware. It's not an ad. It's malware. There is no URL. The URL in which the malware attempts to download is www.clubroadster.net and any of its sub-URLs.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am using a Moto G5S Plus.

I am using Dolphin Browser.

I am using desktop mode in my Dolphin Browser on my Moto G5S Plus, because Mobile view does not work, as it is so glutted with ads that i can't navigate anywhere, and i often find myself replying to threads i didn't click on, due to infinite scroll settings.

The URL in which the attempted download manifests itself is www.clubroadster.net and any of the URLs contained within the main page, while browsing the site in desktop mode in Dolphin Browser on my Moto G5S Plus. This is the only site that i have any sort of issue with while navigating in Dolphin Browser on my Moto G5S Plus in desktop mode. This is the only site that i've ever had any sort of obtrusive ad or malware issue on a mobile device, ever. I have these issues consistently with this site, since AF took over. This is the reason that i don't post on this site much anymore.

I wish i could give you more information, but i can't. I've told you what i'm using, how i'm using, when the download attempts, and have given you a screenshot including the name of the file that is attempting to be shoved onto my device. If this is something that your team can't resolve, then perhaps it's time to escalate it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can back what C404 is saying.
Starting about 2 weeks ago I cannot access the site using IE on my computer or Safari on my iPhone.
I can only access with Google Chrome.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe you can do a backup restore to what the site was the day you guys bought it. It worked pretty well then. On all devices.

·
Administrator
780 Posts
I am using a Moto G5S Plus.

I am using Dolphin Browser.

I am using desktop mode in my Dolphin Browser on my Moto G5S Plus, because Mobile view does not work, as it is so glutted with ads that i can't navigate anywhere, and i often find myself replying to threads i didn't click on, due to infinite scroll settings.

The URL in which the attempted download manifests itself is www.clubroadster.net and any of the URLs contained within the main page, while browsing the site in desktop mode in Dolphin Browser on my Moto G5S Plus. This is the only site that i have any sort of issue with while navigating in Dolphin Browser on my Moto G5S Plus in desktop mode. This is the only site that i've ever had any sort of obtrusive ad or malware issue on a mobile device, ever. I have these issues consistently with this site, since AF took over. This is the reason that i don't post on this site much anymore.

I wish i could give you more information, but i can't. I've told you what i'm using, how i'm using, when the download attempts, and have given you a screenshot including the name of the file that is attempting to be shoved onto my device. If this is something that your team can't resolve, then perhaps it's time to escalate it.
Hey there,

Can you replicate this issue on Chrome or Firefox?
Our forums best support those browsers on mobile.
We'll look into it as well.

Ed

·
100% Jakedashian
6,716 Posts
Hey there,

Can you replicate this issue on Chrome or Firefox?
Our forums best support those browsers on mobile.
We'll look into it as well.

Ed
...Safari mobile has 52% of the mobile browser market share and you admit that support for them isn't "best"?

Dude, what.

Even on Chrome (latest stable version, mobile "enhanced" site, Moto X Pure, Android 7.0, Verizon LTE) the site doesn't load at all. Infinite spinning blue circle. When I exit to the desktop version it loads... eventually.

Meanwhile I'm on my desktop and adblock is blocking 14 ads. I'm logged in. You'd think with this many ads being shoveled at your users you'd be able to afford to pay your web developers enough to make the site work properly.