ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's a little back story to what's wrong. I ran my gas to pretty much empty -- first time, I don't usually do that -- and it started to sputter and die and then jump back running again. This started right as I got home. Just parked it and put some gas from a gas can in. Then I went and completely filled it.

So, now it's the day after that happened. And I'm noticing A LOT of hesitation around 3-4000 rpms. It's so bad that going up hills becomes a first gear adventure, And it has this hesitation at the same RPMs in every gear. As soon as I get above 4000 rpms, the hesitation seems to fade until it disappears around 5000 rpms.

What could this be? A burned out fuel pump from running it so low?:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know this is an old post but did you figure out the issue? I am experiencing the same issue with a 94 1.8. Changed the spark plugs and the first start it was like a new car. No hesitation. Now its back with the hesitation a day later. : (

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I know this is an old post but did you figure out the issue? I am experiencing the same issue with a 94 1.8. Changed the spark plugs and the first start it was like a new car. No hesitation. Now its back with the hesitation a day later. : (
be a little more specific, has the car had any work done to it recently? has it always had this issue or is it new? what kind of hesitation, does it rev up at all?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Grumbles. Thanks for the reply. No recent work that caused the issue. Its been happening for the last year. I don't drive it much as it's not a daily. Now that the weather is nice I have been driving it a lot and working on the car... brakes/steering wheel/etc... It's driving me crazy because it's intermittent. Once the car warms up it seems to improve but still occasional hesitation below 3800 rpm. Once it hits 4000 it takes off. I unplugged the TPS to see if it that but still have the rough idle and occasional hesitation. Motor shakes a lot also. The previous owner says he replaced the coil pack.

I don't know. Seems to be a misfire to me but I don't get the blinking CES light like others.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found this video of a guy who said he put the plug wires back on wrong and had the rough idle. Mine shakes just like this:

I am pretty sure my wires are correct. 3214

1 - 9 of 9 Posts