ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i got a ticket for loud exhaust and suspended registration.....
on the ticket, everything is correct except for the court date, he put that i have to show up january 17, 2017 instead of 2011..... is this good enough for dismissal?

state = nevada. not very familiar with the laws out here, but anyone who knows their stuff, can you please lemme know :D

tia.

also, just got another ticket for tonight due to suspended registration...... fock me, i was thinking since this guy rewrote me the ticket for the same thing, he realized that i am smart enough to try to get it dismissed due to the court date, except for on this ticket, he put the correct year on the date.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no......

*EDIT*
on the old ticket, its actually a 2 across the black line at the bottom, BUT the new ticket says january 17th, 2011.... does this void it? lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
unlikely, unless the judge wants you to literally come back in 2017.

I had a similar ticket (exhaust to loud) though the citation details was "Exhaust cannot be louder then factory exhaust", so it was tagged as 'defective'. Officer didn't put any additional details on their report they filed. So i challanged it, stating their was no method provided by the state to prove that the aftermarket exhaust i have on their was louder then the factory. Not sure if the citation is the same as you received.

I know in Cali, the emmissions referee have tools now to measure decibel levels, since Cali went the same route (first). But in Washington their is no method to have it reviewed, also i called the local dealers to see if they had a method to baseline, or any documentation showing the spec's for the decibel level for the factory exhaust. So i challanged and requested dismal based on no method of validating the accusation, which was upheld primarily because the officer didn't put in more details, giving me the 51% credibility.

Just make sure not to provide opinions, or explaining the story. Just stick with the data you know. typically the burden of proof is on the prosecution side, If you mention, or provide info that it has a noticeable exhaust note, or it is 'not as loud as other cars' implying your vehicle isn't considered quite.... best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts