ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get more angle on my NA.

ive been looking at just doing inner tie rod spacers and getting the SuperNow! rod ends to fix my bump steer. but SuperNow! has the inner balljoints that are spaced out already for FC/FD's.

anyone know if the inner tie rods are interchangeable? i really dont want to have to go the modified knuckle route. that would just take way too long.

HOLLER

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: tie rod interchagability.

un-swag. bought the supernow! tie-rod ends with the threaded inner spacer.. dont work. threading is completely off.

just a fair warning to those that were wondering the same thing. totally wasted $300 on these

·
Registered
10 Posts

whew your post mightve just saved me from the same mistake!

I just ordered some supernow tie rod ends, and they sent me an email to clarify which chassis I wanted them for. did you order for the fc3s or the fd3s?

Are you using the stock inner tie rods and the super now ends?
or did were you trying to upgrade inners and outers for the rx7?
Also will the super now ends fit on the stock tie rods?

thanks alot, your feedback will help me alot!

I ordered the iconcept tie rods so ill post what my findings when they arrive and I install.
If youre interested i ordered them through testsuya garage, the site is: http://www.tetsuyagarage.com/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

and so it seems; SuperNow! has 2 different designs. the 1st release tie rod ends and the second release "CUTTER" edition. the cutter edition.. which i ordered, is different from the first release. the threaded coupling that attaches the heim joint to the tie rod itself is SHORTER on the "CUTTER" vs the 1st release, because of the added inner spacer (for clearance purposes).

i bought the ones for the FC.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

oh and yes. FC and miata share the same rod ends. so they will thread on. (proven by threading on my FC rod ends on my miata tie rods myself.)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

So the bore/taper of the end is the same as well?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

FC ROD "ENDS" fit. this whole topic was to clarify is the FC "INNER" was compatible with the rack because the set i got had RACK SPACERS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The iconcept inners that I ordered have extra threading and spacers, so there is plenty of thread even with the spacers in to get that extra angle. hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
cool, now sell those fc rack spacers and find spacers that fit the miata.
all you have to do is find the thread pitch of your miata inner and find a rack spacer that mimics that.

or you can just order the iconcept rack spacers that are made specifically for 90-97 power racks.

and if you're still running ps with angle mods, expect it to blow up if you don't bullet proof it.

peggy you ain't gotta be a e thug HOLLER.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I need to register on roadsterdrift, seems only the drifters ride below 4" pinch. Took some measurements (but no calculations) over the weekend to see at what angle the tie rod arm should be to minimize bumpsteer.

I see a lot of bumpsteer here. This is at 3.5" pinch, OEM tie rod ends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUSheoEWqq0

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OH WHOAA. is there a difference between the threadpitch on the manual racks vs the power rack. cuz i have a manual rack.

sold the rack spacers and ordered iconcepts tie rods already.

no ETHUG HERE. just THUG LIFE.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts