ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to doing a engine swap for a goal hp of 300-400 hp. I would like to get a LS1, but am concerned of the weight and if enough weight could be shaved of to compensate the engine/trans. The car for now and for a while later is going to be a Daily Driver. Any way I go its going to cost around $8K USD, with either the swap or a built B6 or any other I4 turbo. So for all you racers out there what would be the best option for more power. I have a few races under my belt but I want to see what you would do if you had the chance to do it all over again with a clean start.

·
Premium Member
8,255 Posts
I am looking to doing a engine swap for a goal hp of 300-400 hp. I would like to get a LS1, but am concerned of the weight and if enough weight could be shaved of to compensate the engine/trans. The car for now and for a while later is going to be a Daily Driver. Any way I go its going to cost around $8K USD, with either the swap or a built B6 or any other I4 turbo. So for all you racers out there what would be the best option for more power. I have a few races under my belt but I want to see what you would do if you had the chance to do it all over again with a clean start.
:fp:

You clearly didn't even try and do any research if this is what you're posting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brontosaurus/streetlamp--- yes I have researched it but not as much on here but at the track asking other MX5 owners and doing some on the internet, but I will get back to that in a bit

RedemPhex--- Right now I testing out the car on a small track in Albuquerque called Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but am planning on getting out of the military in a couple of years. So right now I'm planning on out what I want to do before I get back to my home track of Sebring International. I have a few cars right now, so your ?? of a track car and DD is yes because I have a 2002 Silverado, Miata, S13 and a dune buggy. Right now I am about to sell everything besides the Miata, so another car is out of the question.

Stock---I go out to Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but by the end of the year we have planned on hitting up Arroyo Seco

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
horribleR--- I'm not selling everything for a motor swap, I'm selling all because I want to be debt free before I get out of the military and I don't need 4 vehicles.

It's Ryan.--- That's the other swap I was thinking of, but use a dry sump instead of making a oil pan work. I just sold my full built KA24DE about 2 weeks ago. Now I just have to sell the coupe chassis.

Stock--- why not use the F20c instead

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
brontosaurus/streetlamp--- yes I have researched it but not as much on here but at the track asking other MX5 owners and doing some on the internet, but I will get back to that in a bit

RedemPhex--- Right now I testing out the car on a small track in Albuquerque called Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but am planning on getting out of the military in a couple of years. So right now I'm planning on out what I want to do before I get back to my home track of Sebring International. I have a few cars right now, so your ?? of a track car and DD is yes because I have a 2002 Silverado, Miata, S13 and a dune buggy. Right now I am about to sell everything besides the Miata, so another car is out of the question.

Stock---I go out to Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but by the end of the year we have planned on hitting up Arroyo Seco
I am not saying sell the miata and get another platform, I am saying stick with the BP in the miata and use a turbo. You still haven't stated class or club, so your question is currently incomplete.

If you don't want the BP, then I don't know, it will depend on class/club. if you don't want to go with a v8, your other solid options are the FE and the F20/22

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.