ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to doing a engine swap for a goal hp of 300-400 hp. I would like to get a LS1, but am concerned of the weight and if enough weight could be shaved of to compensate the engine/trans. The car for now and for a while later is going to be a Daily Driver. Any way I go its going to cost around $8K USD, with either the swap or a built B6 or any other I4 turbo. So for all you racers out there what would be the best option for more power. I have a few races under my belt but I want to see what you would do if you had the chance to do it all over again with a clean start.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Clean start I would get a s2000 or fd rx7. Just saying

I have in the past had a 96 Miata with a bp 1.8 roughly around 270-280hp.
It was awesome but never truly made me happy.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
I am looking to doing a engine swap for a goal hp of 300-400 hp. I would like to get a LS1, but am concerned of the weight and if enough weight could be shaved of to compensate the engine/trans. The car for now and for a while later is going to be a Daily Driver. Any way I go its going to cost around $8K USD, with either the swap or a built B6 or any other I4 turbo. So for all you racers out there what would be the best option for more power. I have a few races under my belt but I want to see what you would do if you had the chance to do it all over again with a clean start.
:fp:

You clearly didn't even try and do any research if this is what you're posting.

·
Registered
700 Posts
well by next year im looking to start with a 2nd gen 13b rew. from what ive read so far almost every swap is about the same work. LS1, 2JZ, 13b, they all make decent power your only issue will be traction

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brontosaurus/streetlamp--- yes I have researched it but not as much on here but at the track asking other MX5 owners and doing some on the internet, but I will get back to that in a bit

RedemPhex--- Right now I testing out the car on a small track in Albuquerque called Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but am planning on getting out of the military in a couple of years. So right now I'm planning on out what I want to do before I get back to my home track of Sebring International. I have a few cars right now, so your ?? of a track car and DD is yes because I have a 2002 Silverado, Miata, S13 and a dune buggy. Right now I am about to sell everything besides the Miata, so another car is out of the question.

Stock---I go out to Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but by the end of the year we have planned on hitting up Arroyo Seco

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You already have a 240, so you probably know the motor. Sr20 it, there is a group buy on here selling the mount kit for the swap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
horribleR--- I'm not selling everything for a motor swap, I'm selling all because I want to be debt free before I get out of the military and I don't need 4 vehicles.

It's Ryan.--- That's the other swap I was thinking of, but use a dry sump instead of making a oil pan work. I just sold my full built KA24DE about 2 weeks ago. Now I just have to sell the coupe chassis.

Stock--- why not use the F20c instead

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
alot of us have done ka-t swaps.
for bigger displacement and for available parts at autozone.
and t because we like that blow off sound.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
brontosaurus/streetlamp--- yes I have researched it but not as much on here but at the track asking other MX5 owners and doing some on the internet, but I will get back to that in a bit

RedemPhex--- Right now I testing out the car on a small track in Albuquerque called Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but am planning on getting out of the military in a couple of years. So right now I'm planning on out what I want to do before I get back to my home track of Sebring International. I have a few cars right now, so your ?? of a track car and DD is yes because I have a 2002 Silverado, Miata, S13 and a dune buggy. Right now I am about to sell everything besides the Miata, so another car is out of the question.

Stock---I go out to Sandia/NAPA Speedway, but by the end of the year we have planned on hitting up Arroyo Seco
I am not saying sell the miata and get another platform, I am saying stick with the BP in the miata and use a turbo. You still haven't stated class or club, so your question is currently incomplete.

If you don't want the BP, then I don't know, it will depend on class/club. if you don't want to go with a v8, your other solid options are the FE and the F20/22

1 - 20 of 111 Posts