ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, bout time I started a thread.

Mid 2012, I purchased a 1990 Eunos Roadster. I picked it up for a pretty fair price considering its condition, odometer and service history(or lack of).

Day of purchase

138,xxx ks, and was imported. Thats all I really know. Mechanically everything is perfect, and the previous owner had done some work to it, including custom exhaust system and king springs. The previous owner also installed a Sony head unit, but didn't give me the face plate. So out that went, and in with your standard run of the mill head unit.

The weekend came and I went to my first Downshift meet, in my own car.

My first tasteful mod...stickers!

Offset Number Plate

The Petrol cap was a bit worn and faded so I updated it.

Blacked out badges

My headlight blew, so i replaced them, with a halo set.

Think they are pretty cool. They are switched separately.

Questioning the actual practicality of my towel rack, err spoiler.

Went up mt Cootha for a gander

Got rid of the heavy pos chromies and got some daisys

Bought some Nemeto Mesh, BBS inspired wheels. I'm not one to debate fakes vs copies, its all g.
Fat Fitment delivered and fitted.

First Hardtuned.net meet at Robina Station

Snapped by Sirck

Garage Vary Front lip

Bought Some d1 Spec wheel nuts at DS meet, so lite.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't want to pay for $300 for a roll-bar(not a half cage) So i got a mate to weld me up one.Test fit

Mine and Dads before powder coating

Powder Coated

and Fitted with Fire E mount.

Snapped By Real Neato at Hardtuned Meet at Bunnings Rocklea(before lights
out)

Op-op-op (sticker is since destroyed -.-)

Downshift Coffee and Cruise 1

CF Wrapped Cooling Panel

Moar! Stickers!

Parked next to old skool gts

Pretty much how it sits now.
Plasti Dip wheels

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of events on the weekend.
Downshift JAN 2013 meet and the Fat Fitment Low Scrub Club Cruise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Due to floods my TSI's took a bit longer then i thought. But A week from Bulgaria (of all places for car parts), is still quick.
I got them and installed immediately.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been a while since updated but a few new things
New shoes.
15x8 0 offset Rota GR!D V's rapped in Yokohama S Drive 195/50/15s

Downshift Feb 2013

New carbon fibre "mazdaspeed" stubby antenna. no more rc car look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a little update.
I got a hold of some night shade and did my indicators (sides) and those little reflector things that don't do anything.
I only did a light coat on the indicators but went full retard on the reflectors.
I also did my windscreen wipers with new arms and blades.
I also bought charlies plates. :D
how she currently sits

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little bit of an update.
Slow internet Be warned!
Cutting sick on the Skid Pan at Downshift Track Battle.

This photo is captioned as "The wtf am I doing"

Laying down some timed laps

I had a little incident :frown:

On its way to mx5plus

After a long 8 weeks its finally here!

excuse the **** photos, will uplaod better ones during the day.

looks heaps better in person as the grey blends with the carbon so the carbon looks a mild grey rather then black.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure thats the same license plare as charlie91 had on his mx5. But Iay be wrong. Looks good though mate
after his car was parted out he put the plates up for sale. He asked me numerous times if I wanted them and I told him that he should keep them. he didnt want them so I had somr cash and thought why not. his car will always be known as mxb055.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got a few better pics of the boot lid at DS Hamilton meet and Ausgarage/Grunt files A Day for a Car enthusiast.

good shot of the CF Boot lid

being silly

because race car - Not sure on build quality of this as it uses ball bearings, not a keyway or pin system seen in many andra spec quick releases. probably get an NRG instead.

I also bought this, finally some propper roll over protection (the car in the background may be familair to some ;P)

thats a bout it for now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay so its been a while since I have ventured this side of miata life and a couple of things have happened. I have changed the direction im heading with my car.

First off, I got defected. For those not in Australia, we have some pretty tight rules, regarding vehicle modifications. I got defect for my wheels protruding the guards, Unfortunately this resulted in an argument with the officer as my actual Tyre tread was under the guards. his argument was that if someone were to walk past wearing a dress/long clothing, it could catch. He also defected me for my roll cage not being mod-plated, which is wear I was heading to at the time.

Anyway this resulted in me having to get another roadworthy. My mechanic mate/roadworthy go to guy said to pass any inspection I would need alot of suspension components replaced. boots/bushes etc. so there went $1000.

I also sold my rotar 15x8s-0 and bought a set of less attention seeking Mazdaspeed MS01R's in 15x7.

I also bought some vented headlight covers and a carbon fibre cluster cover.

like these

The clear on my miata is peeling badly up near the frankenstein bolts so a respray is coming soon, but before that I want to get my fenders right and wheel specs right before I paint it. Which I have no idea about yet.

For colours im looking at the new FJ cruiser grey or maybe a darker grey then current.

·
Registered
501 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts