ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Jay here is a link to brand new "914" seats:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RETRO-CLASSIC-VINTAGE-RACING-BUCKET-SEAT-SEATS-BLACK-UNIVERSAL-W-SLIDERS-PAIR/123576323170?hash=item1cc5b90c62:g:Rb8AAOSwmfhcLWYz

The Porsche shop I work at has bought numerous seats and customers seem to like them. A pretty good deal if you ask me. :)
Dude.... this might be the new route I go. The rough estimates I received to completely redo my 914 shells were in the range of $500/seat. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dang, that's crazy. I got quoted for $350 for both seats if I included the fabric, which is only about $60 for both seats

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update.
Not much has happened since I'm the only guy in my department and I've been swamped with work. However, parts are being acquired and should be moving forward!

I'm not gonna lie, I was tempted to try boosting again, but after these popped up for $700 I couldn't resist.

They're AE101 ITB's, with TPS, TPS wiring loom, T3 manifold, T3 100mm velocity stacks, and dual feel fuel rail. I've got a spare head that is getting shaved, ported, and polished along with some VS855 valve springs and 256 cams. Within the next week or two I'll take my seats in for reupholstering and finally have that headache out the of way.

I also remembered I had a Capri Valve cover sitting around so I'll be taking some inspiration from this guys engine. Tuning will happen around April time and I'll definitely be at MATG this year!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you! I finally got to swapping out the tank today and the rear subframe was honestly very easy to remove. Just did it on jack stands in my barracks parking lot.

Yes, there was quite a bit of rust in that tank

Old

New

While I was in there, I decided to do my motor mounts.

Slightly fucked up.

Unfortunately the new motor mounts did not fix my shifter being off center, and it looks like it's either a bent subframe or PPF. There's some damage on the driver's side part of the subframe where it meets the control arm, so that may be my problem area.

Driver's side

Passenger side

I'm debating on whether or not to go to a body shop to get the stuff measured, because it drives perfectly straight on the road, no pulling to either side.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Not much to report. Got my new header and exhaust system mounted up and finally was able to get the shifter in the center. The trick was to get a ratchet straps around the rear of the transmission and ratchet it to the right while the front two ppf bolts are loosened. Now it sits center and with the new rust free gas tank and new fuel filter, she revs freely with no bucking!

Plus I got my new license plate and replaced my tail light seals. So no more leaky trunk. And the new exhaust sounds great. It's a raceland header, Enthuza car test pipe, and black Yonaka catback.

Tomorrow I will do the brakes and she'll be good to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The brakes are finally done! However, I'm getting far too much pedal travel and not enough bite from the pads. I flushed the whole system so there's absolutely no air in the lines and it's topped off with redline rl600 dot4 fluid. Is there another adjustment I can do for better pedal feel?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Brought Sukie out to Cars and Coffee yesterday and had an absolute blast. Met up with some long time Miata friends and had great Miata after party as well. By the way, I'm 6'2 and this is how low the 914 seats sit me with the TDR brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Weird, I don't use Photobucket or Flikr. Just attached them from my phone.

Also the new fuel tank is perfect. Absolutely no bucking like before. It was definitely fuel starvation from the rust flakes covering the the fuel pump strainer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok, so the other day my car threw a "charge battery" light that was very dim and varied in brightness depending on what rpm I was at. Diagnosed it as a bad alternator that was barely putting out 12v. So a new one went in and we're all good!

Unfortunately this did not fix my problem of the wipers being pathetically slow when the AC is on. Any suggestions as to what might cause that?

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Finally got new tires. 195/60r14 Falken Azini RT165K+. These are just about the best tires I've ever ridden on. Plenty of grip everywhere, low road noise, and the tread patter is just great to look at. Took them out for a shake down on a few back roads. These will do great at MATG!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't see many other people running the 914 seats so it's cool seeing someone else. I'm excited to see more of the ITB process, that's something I've been toying with for a while.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don't see many other people running the 914 seats so it's cool seeing someone else. I'm excited to see more of the ITB process, that's something I've been toying with for a while.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
So...about that. I ended up selling the ITB setup, and went with a gt2554r.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 86 Posts