ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
15,062 Posts
Welp, good luck. Just remember that i tried to give you some information that's been common knowledge for the better part of a decade to help you succeed. :lol:

No matter what, this car is way better than your last one, so.... progress!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
This is true, I'm definitely digging my setup, and the engine be done by MATG next year, so we'll have to meet up if you head out there haha.

And for anyone wondering, this was my previous dumpster fire

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Whatever you say bud.

Anyways, short term plans for now is de-power the steering rack, get the KAI Bracket on, fab the new intercooler piping, and mount the new intercooler. If everything works out, I will also be getting the car painted as well, as this car desperately needs it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Since my engine was making too much crank case pressure, I decided to take my valve cover to a local fabrication shop and get some -10an bungs welded up. Long story short, AN lines are attached, valve cover looks fantastic, and the catch can is a fantastic addition. Next month I'll be downsizing my intercooler and deleting the power steering

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So while I was messing around in the engine bay, I decided to try and track down why my car wouldn't make any boost until about 5.5k rpm (besides being a stock 1.6). Turns out my wastegate rod was too long and was holding the flapper open by about 1/4". I've since upgraded to a TIAL unit, and now I'm making roughly 10psi at 3k rpm according to my boost gauge. Only issue now is that my "upgraded" clutch is slipping horribly. Hopefully I'll have that sorted out soon, but here's my messy engine bay anyways. Still loads of fun!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts