ClubRoadster.net banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

· Registered
1992 Roadster Red, Xidas, VVT Swap
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Brickwork Brick Building material Water Gas

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Grey Automotive exterior

So here's a bit of an update. I went down to Florida to pick up Sukie, and I've been driving her around to break in the the engine, and damn does that GTX2860R rip! But the interior has really been bugging me. So I've finally gotten around to fixing it...again.
Glove Wood Road surface Automotive tire Floor

Rectangle Wood Grey Automotive tire Wood stain

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle part Bicycle tire

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Grille Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle Vehicle door

Vehicle Speedometer Car Steering part Odometer

Speedometer Light Gauge Steering part Odometer

As you can see, I've done quite a bit. First thing was to install that gorgeous KG Works gauge cluster. That matched with Revlimiter Adam's gauges is just a sight to behold. So I thought it was best to just rip the dash out of course!

As you can see, my flocking job turned from a gorgeous black to a nasty brown color. To remedy that, I spend many nights removing the old flocking with citristrip, and then recovering the upper part in real Alcantara. This won't fade or shrink or anything. And after lusting over Adam's interior, I finally bit the bullet, and bought his gauge cups. Fitting them was definitely tough, but the final product is incredible. While the dash was out, I decided to get all of my new AC bits in. So now I have an entirely refreshed and resealed AC system, that will hopefully be pressure tested and filled properly, and ready for MATG!!

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 · (Edited)
And she's back together. Sadly it seemed like my AFR gauge had been wired incorrectly, causing it to not go past "heat" and constantly reset. But when I opened it up, there was a broken piece on the inside that had exposed copper wiring that was cashing the malfunction. So, a new one goes in and she works perfectly!

Sadly, I won't make it to MATG this year because I had planned on having this done last month, but shipping delays were awful with some pieces. Not to mention my engine is still in it's break in period, I still don't have my AC system pressure tested or filled, and I don't have an exhaust made yet. Hopefully soon I'll have all of those finished by the end of August or around there! Enjoy these interior photos and spot how many of Revlimiter Adam's products I have here haha!

My next big thing to do will be the seats and audio system.

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Car

Car Vehicle Speedometer Steering wheel Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Wheel

Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Car Automotive design

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
So it turns out my issue with the AFR gauge not working was the gauge itself. I decided to order a new one, plugged it in, and it works perfectly. I also had an issue with my fan making contact with the radiator, which was chalked up to be missing spacers in the kit. With the new radiator in, filled, and bled properly I don't see temps above 195 in 95f ambient temps with over 60% humidity.

And boy does she love to punch hard above 3.5k. The powerband is nice and linear with plenty of low end torque, then you get punched in the gonads at about 3500rpm and she takes off. I can't tell y'all how much I'm in love with this old gal! Hopefully I'll be able to make it to MATG next year and have working AC to boot!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car Wheel

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold

Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I really want Xidas too. Hopefully I get a good reenlistment bonus in October haha. Really though, whether you've got a 5 speed or 6 speed, the MR shifter is the best hands down.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Oh no...what have I done...
Font Slope Screenshot Technology Rectangle

In all honesty, this has been a long time coming. My Vmaxx Classics are great, but the plastic spring perches have been giving me trouble. Basically the front adjuster collar got stuck with the plastic and won't move anymore. So, I'm using this as justification to get a set of Xidas!! I emailed SuperMiata later and talked with them a bit and changed my option to a 550/350 setup, since I drive on the street 99.9% of the time. This'll be perfect for daily use and the weekend drives up to Blood Mountain and possibly MATG next year!

Oh yeah, and I may or may not have put in an order for a set of these to replace my 914 seats. Yeah, my wallet hates me.
Automotive design Font Human leg Carmine Fashion accessory

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
So those are from a guy in Portugal called Luso Motors. These are his MK5 design and he has a set of brackets that sit you as low as possible. The seats themselves are basically the same as Lotus Elise/Exige seats, but has quite a lot thicker of a shell. I will also have the same centers since I absolutely love plaid seats haha

· Mufasa in Training
52,340 Posts
So those are from a guy in Portugal called Luso Motors. These are his MK5 design and he has a set of brackets that sit you as low as possible. The seats themselves are basically the same as Lotus Elise/Exige seats, but has quite a lot thicker of a shell. I will also have the same centers since I absolutely love plaid seats haha
I've sat in a pair of Luso's I think. Mike (ChathamCNC) has a set in his LS Miata. I really need to sit in them again. They're not as covered, though:

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Yes! I was about to say that he has a set. He's said that of everything that fatigues him with that car, the seats aren't one of them. I'm honestly really excited to run these, because the covers honestly seem similar to the Probax material Lotus used in the 06+ Elise and Exige

· Mufasa in Training
52,340 Posts
I think the only thing I didn't like about them was the covers. I just didn't like the feel. I think they'd be ergonomically ok, but I was underwhelmed. I really wish I had asked to sit in them this year at MATG.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I had a set of the MK3's a while back and they pinched my thighs and lats pretty bad. The actual part where you sit is a good inch and a half wider and the side bolsters aren't as aggressive. The complete covers honestly seem to be the way to go as far as comfort though

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Well, it finally happened. After FedEx fucked up my delivery I finally got my Xidas! I'll tell ya, the hype over the coilovers is honestly understated. This Miata rides like an S Class when cruising and grips and turns like a 997 GT3 when pushed. The setup of the rear shocks were a bit annoying since I had to really turn the collars all the way to get my pinchwelds to my desired 4.75" height, but it's worth it in the end. I'm in love with how this car handles every road imperfection. New wheels and tires are due next week as well!

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

Hood Motor vehicle Light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Coil spring Coil Suspension Gas Shock absorber

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire

Automotive tire Coil spring Coil Suspension Gas

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
I optioned mine with the OEM NB top hats, but they've got the billet coaxial top hats that look like they provide some extended travel. And trust me, these are very well worth the price tag!

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
So a few things have happened. One is I got my new wheels and tires in along with a SuperMiata street alignment, I decided to put my Prototipo up on the wall and put on a Monte Carlo, I finally ordered a downpipe back exhaust from Kraken, and I blew a second oil feed line.

First, the wheels, tires, and alignment. Holy **** this car turns in way quicker. The combo of a 15x9 Advanti Storm S1 and 245 RT660 is nothing short of incredible. The road manners are much improved, and if anything steering effort is significantly reduced compared to my old setup.

Then there's the steering wheel. The Monte Carlo is the best steering wheel for a Miata for me. Perfect hand placement, thickness is on point, and it just looks so proper in a Miata. Especially with a gorgeous Revlimiter horn button!

And lastly, I blew a second oil feed line. My guess is that my oil pressure is higher than most applications, and the straight fitting off of the block was stressed a bit and got weakened. So I ordered a custom unit from ATP with two 90° fittings and it fits much better. Only downside is either ATP sent me the wrong length or I ordered the wrong length. Either way, I'll be getting another one and wrapping it with a DEI fire sleeve.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tread

Attachments

101 - 120 of 133 Posts