ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've wondered the same thing and have seen a few cars in my area like that. I just may do it since I'm blinded by trucks at night.

·
Registered
674 Posts
yeah, how do you tint the plastic windows anyway?

i want to eventually tint all the windows, but it would look stupid if all but the rear one wasn't tinted

·
Registered
582 Posts
my rear glass window is tinted. for the first few weeks after tinting i was really careful and put a towel underneath everytime the top is down. but I havent been doing the towel trick for a year now. tint still looks good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got my rear glass window tinted like a week after I got my car about a year ago and the minute I drove off fromt he tint shop I put the top down and to this day it still is scratch less.

·
Registered
514 Posts
yeah, how do you tint the plastic windows anyway?

i want to eventually tint all the windows, but it would look stupid if all but the rear one wasn't tinted
I have heard of people getting the old clear plastic removed and having a "smoked" plastic stitched in its place.

I wouldnt know... mines glass as well.. I have four rolls of 35 pct. tint just sitting untill i can get my tint waiver that i need for my state to be legal.

as for getting scratched. I wouldnt think so. it seems as if the glass is kinda "bowed" outwards. so that would reduce the surface area actually touching the carpet. If you are truly that worried. I would put an additional clear film (laminx or something similar) over the tint to protect it. and if that were to get scratched, you would be able to replace it easily.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Most auto parts stores sell 2 types of window tint, an adhesive one and a cling one. I Bought the cling tint along with a window tint install kit and did my plastic window. Its been there for several months now with no problem. The hardest part was just cutting it right. I'll post pics when I get home today.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Most auto parts stores sell 2 types of window tint, an adhesive one and a cling one. I Bought the cling tint along with a window tint install kit and did my plastic window. Its been there for several months now with no problem. The hardest part was just cutting it right. I'll post pics when I get home today.
How the hell did you install cling tint on plastic and not get any bubbles? Hell.. i used it as a temporary solution when i was moving and it could not get all the friggin bubbles out.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
514 Posts
you might want to check out what they use on jeeps i have see a few of them with tinted plastic windows
Jeeper guys can replace the entire top for about half the price of us. Most of those kits even include just the windows, since they zip right out for like 150bucks. I wish we had that option :(. This **** is so much more expensive for us.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
How the hell did you install cling tint on plastic and not get any bubbles? Hell.. i used it as a temporary solution when i was moving and it could not get all the friggin bubbles out.

-Jeremy
Spray the window with the window tint solution, apply the film and squigi out the bubbles.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did that last night, the bubbles are a nightmare :shock: going to try and get them out if it doesn't work since it is cling i will take it off and do it again...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Here's my pics, sorry took so long, I was to focused on gettin the cvar running.

I didnt do a good job cutting the edges, i will redo it when im not feeling lazy. You cant tell from the outside so it dosent bother me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts