ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i've seen some ppl with awesome wheels and having stretched tires. but i had a question about maybe bigger tires on smaller rims ? is it possible ?

i currently have some 14x6.5 bbs meshes and im looking to pick up some old vw snowflake rims from someone, which are 14x6. is it possible to slap bigger tires on these or something ? sorry if its a stupid questions im just unfamilar with tires and compatibility issues.

Scott

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
the biggest i've seen for the street 205/60/14

205 is the most i'd put on a 6 in wheel. its going to look pinched.

195 everyday.

·
Registered
634 Posts
is it possible to fit n NA with 15x7 without it rubbing?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
no rubbing all day between 35-45 offset. cheack fender clearance to be sure

i have no experiece between 35 and below

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
no you can get anything you want.

find a wheel you think looks cool.

personally i like stuff with less than 25 offset.

a quick rundown..

15x7 +38

wheel diameter in inches/wheel width in inches + distance in mm from the center of wheel that the hub mounts to. + offset brings the wheels in towards the car, - offset moves the wheels out.

the usual miata sized wheel is 15x7 + 30-40mm

·
Registered
634 Posts
yea i know what rims i want. i want 15x7 but wasn't sure if ican go with the 7. don't want it to rub. n i don't want to roll my fenders

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dude, the sizes you're thinking of will fit with no problems, seriously, I'm running 15x8 0offset like a lot of people here and I don't rub 195/50/15 all day 205/50 is fine as well. Anything higher than 0 will be fine, don't worry about it. Most regular wheels that you will probably find will fit just fine, cause they have very high offsets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts