ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my brothers 90 mx5 the running lights tail lights and interior lights do not come on. I have checked and tested the the fuse and even replaced it with a known working one. I have even hooked up a extra headlight switch that I have. I can not find the correct relay. All the info and pics that I have found online say there should be two LA10 relays on the passanger side of the engine bay one one on the left is supposed to be the one for the lights TMS relay and the one on the right is for the horn, however the one on the left is a LA12 relay on my brothers car and that the headlight retractor relay. So does anyone know where the running light relay is located on a 1990 mx5

I don't have a pic of his car however here is another 1990 mx5 the headlight retractor relay is shown in the pic.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Has he put in a new radio or taken off the tombstone?

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has he put in a new radio or taken off the tombstone?
No he has not touched the car. I installed a radio a few years ago but I used a PNP adapter. So none of wires were cut.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He took it to mazda and they could not fix it. I have been doing some reading on it. If the dimmer switch goes bad does it effect the tail lights as well?

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He took it to mazda and they could not fix it. I have been doing some reading on it. If the dimmer switch goes bad does it effect the tail lights as well?
I just tried it on my car, No it has no effect on the tail lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Necro-post FTL. But would rather post in a relevant thread than start a new one.

I’m having a major short to ground on the Red/Black wire in the fuse box. I’m wondering what circuits are on this wire besides the radio, the running/parking/tail lights and gauge cluster lights. The radio wiring was cut and hacked to hell when I bought the car and is highly suspect(I ran my own wiring for the radio), but I just want to make sure I cover all the bases.

Seeing as some of these other threads weren’t resolved, I’ll post any findings that may be relevant to this topic here.

Btw j-rad - the TMS relay should be the one closest to the front of the car of the two on the driver’s side fender, with LA10 printed on it.

I’m also aware J-rad doesn’t visit cr much these days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts