ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, is the Wii some passing fling which you get sick of after the novelty wears off, or is it here to stay? Been on the fence about it, but I may take the plunge. Suggestions, comments? =D>

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I think out of the three consoles, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii, the Wii is probably the best of them.

It's the cheapest, smallest, and looks to be the most fun to play with.

I have a Xbox 360 and for me, it was a poor investment. Sure, there's nice features and games, but it's a big money pit that is constantly depreciating in value. Same goes for the PS3.

The Wii might last longer because it looks so much like an Apple product. They have 'easy' to play games and there's constantly new games for it. Plus, it's marketed mostly toward children and females.

I'm not suggesting that if you own one, you're a child or a chick :roll: , just saying that's the target audience.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought the Wii and was very Wii-centric until I realized one thing. Its fast becoming a gimmick. The developer support is not there for the console, and all game that have used the Wiimote to this point have done so VERY poorly. The console really has 3 solid games (WiiSports, Zelda and ExciteTruck), with a bunch of terrible games. I have both the Wii and the PS3, and at this point if a game came out for both consoles I would buy it for the PS3 instead in a heartbeat. Why? As much as I hate to say it, the Wii is way too underpowered for its remotes to make up for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 360, but the Wii does look fun. I'm not playing much of anything now, just waiting till Halo3 comes out. If I were going to get a second console, it would be the Wii for sure.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
i think you get either the 360 or ps3 unless you want a more social gaming console, in which case the wii is it. plus, girls love the wii. ;)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
My mom beats me in Wii bowling every time. :(

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
^LOL

I choose not to get the Wii because of lack of game support. Not much strikes my fancy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just gotta give it some time. The 360 didn't have alot going for it when it first came out. The PS3 doesn't have a lot going on for it either. Good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am not terribly impressed with their additions to the Virtual Console. I have bought about 3 total games (maybe 4 so far). The actual Wii based games are aimed at people who originally played Barbie for old school nintendo. Sure, chicks dig the wii, and it makes for a good "hey lets get drunk, play wii, and... " conversation. However, I'm more apt to pick up a playstation game, because there isn't a good in-depth type game for the Wii that can really hold attention once you beat zelda. Elder Scrolls is out for the PS3, plus there is the option of the online gaming. Wii has no online gaming, and keeps pushing back information about its online service.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am not terribly impressed with their additions to the Virtual Console. I have bought about 3 total games (maybe 4 so far). The actual Wii based games are aimed at people who originally played Barbie for old school nintendo. Sure, chicks dig the wii, and it makes for a good "hey lets get drunk, play wii, and... " conversation. However, I'm more apt to pick up a playstation game, because there isn't a good in-depth type game for the Wii that can really hold attention once you beat zelda. Elder Scrolls is out for the PS3, plus there is the option of the online gaming. Wii has no online gaming, and keeps pushing back information about its online service.
Elder Scrolls? Welcome to me 3 years ago on my PC. PS3 = Enjoy your ports of games I've already gotten bored of. 8)

YAWN.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have a ps3 and the wii and i play with the nintendo more. id say get it. its fun plus when you have friends/fam over they can all join in.

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
i have the 360 and the wii and i play my wii daily for about 20 min (fitness than a game of baseball) then i turn on my 360 and run my forza for about an hour than kill the rest of my night killing zombies (dead rising is the ****) i just cant wait for better games to come out for the wii (cant wait for resident 4) beat it 8 times and working on pro mode the cube was awesome hopefully the wii doesn't go the way of the cube.

·
Sponsor
1,391 Posts
the wii is fine, but i get bored with it pretty quick.

i have the ps3. the graphics rock, but there arent many games that i enjoy quite yet. i'm mostly waiting on gt5, skate, and final fantasy 13

the 360 is alright and has lots of games, but not many interesting ones. but forza is or should be out soon, which should be a neat game.

·
CR.net Supporter
575 Posts
out now as of wenesday

1 - 20 of 20 Posts