ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After returning my C2 to standard,

Well some of you may know i bought a Mx5 at the start of the month.

Haven't really got any picture's of the car, just a couple from the advertisement.

Haven't got round to doing to much to it yet, so many things i want to buy!

First up was "De-Tangoing" the front bumper lights, as i felt the orange made them looks slightly dirty.

So i stuck them in the oven and got them split. Removed the orange from inside and then resealed.

Alot of the interior i want to change. So started off with the gearstick gaitor, order a new black leather instead of the tan leather.

I Then then made a gear knob out of a plain black pool ball, using a tap and die set. I Haven't got any pics of this yet.

I also fitted a lazy eye kit today, no pictures of this completed either.

The interior was a bit dirty, so we took to it, things got a bit rash, but ended up a good job.

Also trail fitted Micks steering wheel, to see what i thought of it. I want something in that style, but without the dish. Hopefully order one in a few days.

Order a Jdm Plate bracket aswell, not going to fit it untill my coilovers come, hopefully they will be here on monday.

So many plans. Everytime im on the internet i find something else i want to buy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fitted coilovers last night / this morning.

Only picture i have atm, is off new bolts that old the bottom of the struts in, as the old ones have seen better times.

Oh and a certain set of Rs's on....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I went out to the car today, with the intention of washing it. Hosed it down, then realised i couldn't be bothered anymore. So took a few pictures anyway :)

Excuse the terrible iPhone quality picture's.

and finally tucked away in my drive...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No updates until after Ultimate Dubs, but was a nice day on Sunday, so took a trip round the coastal route with the roof down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything was about slow coming up to Ultimate Dubs, as I wanted to keep money for it, now that its over :( i can start spending money again

So first up I ordered:

JDM Plate Recess Panel
JDM Number Plate Lights
Garage Vary Front Splitter
Polished Bonnet Raisers. (Not sure if i will use these, but they were cheap)
Wheels (should be here in the next few weeks)

So came home tonight to two parcels.

Other parts may take a while as there coming from America.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bit of an update.

Came home yesterday from to see that I had missed the delivery of a little package from America. So today after Uni, I took a trip down to Parcel Force to collect it from there Depot.

After a long wait finally got my Garage Vary Front Splitter on :)

Really happy with how it looks. Thanks to Nicky and Matt for the help putting it on. :)

Leaving the deposit in for the wheels tomorrow, so should hopefully have them very soon, all being well.

Just to finish off is a picture Nicky took trying to be Sc3n3 with Instagram :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments :)

Small update...

Over the weekend my passenger window decided to stop working. So today Paul and I took a trip down to Eddie Torrens and went on the hunt for a Mx5. After a short space of time things started getting rash as the door didn't want to come off the car. Anyway got it sorted eventually and i now have a working window.

The car also had Red rear "Marker Lights". So stuck them on the car this evening too. Going to wire the fronts in to actually work some stage soon.

Then gave the car a quick clean. Was in a bad need of it after all the finger marks taking the passenger window out.

to finish off, some reflections of the clouds :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another small update...

Finally got round to ordering some bulb holders. So last night I wired in my Marker Lights. Was handy enough done as the "Reflectors" on the bumper are actually lights that just need the blanking plate drilled out and a bulber holder put in its place.

Haven't got any pictures yet. Need to get someone else to drive my car to I see what I think of them.

Wheels are supposed to be here today, so hoping them come, and going to leave the car in shortly to get the arches rolled. Could be pushing for the Port on Sunday, time will tell....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got round to getting a few service parts gathered up today :)

Wheels have arrived. Hopefully get tyres on Friday, then get the arches rolled and wheels on over the weekend.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts