ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after reading and talking a little in the "I'm more JDM than you" topic, I decided to make a new topic. Tofu eaters, let's hear what you like to add to your meals!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I'm not a cook... but my fave tofu foods:
1. Tofu with preserved egg (the greenish kind- yes we chinese DO eat green eggs ;)) - simple and extremely effective!
2. Catfish w/ black bean paste, and tofu on the bottom- tofu laps up all the good juices
3. preserved tofu!!!!! probably deserves a searate thread... but preserved tofu and Ong-Chow, and preserved tofu and lamb stew..... Yum yum yum

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm not a cook... but my fave tofu foods:
1. Tofu with preserved egg (the greenish kind- yes we chinese DO eat green eggs ;)) - simple and extremely effective!
oh.. yum. usually the hard tofu, cilantro, salt, and preserved egg.

aka hundred yr old egg... i remember seeing it on a fear factor episode where the contestants almost threw up eating it.. haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg

others would be stinky tofu..
and tofu house is great too

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
2,708 Posts
Preserved spicy tofu and a bowl of rice = crazy delicious!

Tofu is basically tasteless, so it infuses the flavors of what ever you put into it. With that said, I like to fry my tofu in oil until golden brown, remove it from oil, then braise it in about a cup of chicken stock with a dash of oyster sauce and sesame oil. Let it cook for a few minutes until the sauce is reduced in half, add some bok choy or choy sum (Chinese broccoli) and sliced Shitake mushrooms, cover and continue cooking until veggies are done. Serve.

I also like to add soft tofu into any of those ready-to-eat instant noodle bowls (NOT the americanized Raman ones, but the ones you get at Ranch Market 99), and add some Kim Chi for a poor-man's Kim Chi Bowl.

Damn, i'm getting hungry...

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Preserved spicy tofu and a bowl of rice = crazy delicious!

Tofu is basically tasteless, so it infuses the flavors of what ever you put into it. With that said, I like to fry my tofu in oil until golden brown, remove it from oil, then braise it in about a cup of chicken stock with a dash of oyster sauce and sesame oil. Let it cook for a few minutes until the sauce is reduced in half, add some bok choy or choy sum (Chinese broccoli) and sliced Shitake mushrooms, cover and continue cooking until veggies are done. Serve.

I also like to add soft tofu into any of those ready-to-eat instant noodle bowls (NOT the americanized Raman ones, but the ones you get at Ranch Market 99), and add some Kim Chi for a poor-man's Kim Chi Bowl.

Damn, i'm getting hungry...
I love Tofu! Everyone just thinks I'm weird being a built white guy eating Tofu and rice w/ whatever concoction I can get my hands on. I'll try the chicken stock idea tonight, since I have to get a new cooking pot and I'll toss in the leftover rice from last night and the other half of my Tofu block. I forgot my leftovers from last night @ home #-o

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
fucking tofu is the bomb, its the tofakey meats I cant handle.

mom (when she was vegitarian):this tastes just like a hotdog.
me (8 years old right before I got my ass kicked for cussing): bullshit tastes like a hotdog make of carpet samples. gross.
*slap slap slap slap slap*

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fucking tofu is the bomb, its the tofakey meats I cant handle.

mom (when she was vegitarian):this tastes just like a hotdog.
me (8 years old right before I got my ass kicked for cussing): bullshit tastes like a hotdog make of carpet samples. gross.
*slap slap slap slap slap*
ROFL, I got the slappage when I was younger if I cussed. I got the stern talking to if I got hurt before I cussed though :mrgreen:

I can't wait til I get home for dinner now =P~

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
you know what really sucks? Stinky Tofu. ????I <3 Natto, but I can't hang with Stinky Tofu, esp. when they grill em in the nightmarkets of Taiwan.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
natto was sent by the devil. stinky bean snot... and it doenst even have the balls to taste good.

gross.

aka zombie beans, on account that they smell like rotting vaginas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts