ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Top Drift Battle 3 7/30/06

No replies guys?? WTF?

Someone her has to be entering this event!

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
wierd. this is the first time I have seen your posts.

I think I'll be in Mexico. I'd like to come. I want more time in a drift car. Seems all the road racers are trying it. :p

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Top Drift Battle 3 7/30/06

MAtt I am the same SN on Mnet and RD.

I have been around a bit.

Def check it out. It's just a lot of fun..

I am also down to see some more roadsters putting it down out there. The miata is great for track, but tough for drift. SO if you rep you get alot of props.

I also like to see someone like you that grips see what is involved(talent) in drifitng well.

-Jeff
Oh, its at willow springs at the Horse thief mile. Right nect to the streets of willow in the mountain side..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I made it to the Top 16 qualifier. The first Miata in Socal to do so in a drift comp.
I fihished up 9th overall.
Here are some pics.
I would love to see some more of you guys out there...

-Jeff[/img]

M

·
0 Posts
Great pics!

Tell people about the advantages of the hood riser setup!

Bill

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Bill,
I simply did the hood risers to help with cooling. I know it is probably only 3-5 degrees cooler under there, but every little bit helps out in the desert. It has been at least 100* out there for the last 4 events I have driven in.

It is an old school trick that has been done for many years. Its like $6-12 for a set. Def worth it for someone like me that is on a tight ass budget and needs a bit better cooling.

SO that is my .02 on the hood risers. My friend picked these up for me a year ago or so.

Even if I get an extraction hood I may still rock them!!

Function over form..

I like them,
Jeff

·
2,708 Posts
CONGRATS! Try to get us some vids.

Suggestion, your car needs to be flashier. Black is killer for the street-slayer look, but doesn't do you any justice when you're trying to get exposure, whether it be for sponsorship, or just a shot in a magazine. Maybe paint your front and rear bumpers pink. :p

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys.

I know the BLK doesnt do it for exposure.

Pink is always on my mind :wink:

I need to finish in the top 16 a few more time before I can rock a pink Miata and not get my ass kicked for a pink miata lol..

I liked purple alot too, but too many peopl have the cool purple colors.

So I am working on it..

-Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts