ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with everyone, I'm so glad its back on the air. I've been missing my fix of the best TV show anywhere in the world.

[spoiler:08bd2fed00]For those that have seen episode 1 of season 9, Wasn't the XKR film one of their best done films to date? I was blown away at the production/cinematography/music selection/photography/editing. I loved their selection of various songs from the new Mogwai album. I was also seriously at the edge of my seat watching Richard Hammond tell his tale... it was absolutely gripping and at some points (especially after he first used the afterburner) I almost teared up. Also, James May in a Bugatti Veyron with a helmet and racing suit on? I think i just wet myself with that thought![/spoiler:08bd2fed00]

I am very excited about the new season.

Let's discuss the awesomeness!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd have to agree with pretty much everything you've said. I've always been impressed with Top Gears cinematography and sound. You can see it progress and get better and better over the last 9 seasons, the jag film was definately top notch.

I'm glad the show is finally back on. Now it's back to watching season 3 untill the next new episode is available.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
ep 3 isnt on finalgear yet (as far as i see?), and i've only seen ep 1, though i've got ep 2 saved right now.

i like the new look, more modern and definitely geared towards a younger generation now.

i honestly never really followed very closely, so it surprised me to see how those guys have aged. that, and the (to me) sudden focus on powersliding/drifting.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
oh, and there are also 700mb torrents available out there too. better quality, i would assume, since i haven't viewed the torrents on finalgear.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Whats wrong with Alabama?
Its a fairly normal state imo....and I live here.

Its for a corrupt governor which is worried about political correctness, a media that focuses on bashing anyone the slightest bit non-liberal, a few good radio stations...but most suck, a ****-ton of trees, a few interstates, cold weather, a fair amount of rednecks, a small amount of stupidly rich people, 4-5 decently sized cities (the rest are small)...and thats about it.

I've yet to see Episode 3....or any of season 9, but I would imagine its partly BS like most of Top Gear's stereotypes.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
ep 3 isnt on finalgear yet (as far as i see?), and i've only seen ep 1, though i've got ep 2 saved right now.
quote]

They've got a rip of episode 3, but it's from another member. Their "official" ripper left his screensaver on while recording :lol: So if you want hte smaller re-encode you'll have t wait until it re-airs on Wednesday :roll:

I'm getting the 700mb rip for now, hopefully it'll finish before i have to leave Frants.

·
Registered
441 Posts
best episode ever! was in stiches for most of the show.. i dont think it bashed usa too much.. who likes hicks?

·
1,213 Posts
I thought it was pretty poor and insulting to some respect ...

If you are going to trash the USA I really think that targeting the odd fat/stupid/bigoted person is pretty lame ... hell those can be found in any city the world over !!!

I wouldn't fancy my chances of answering a dirt cheap car sale add in the worst part of my town :?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts