ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My soft top ripped on me today. My pitbull got loose and jumped all over the car and ripped the plastic window part. I noticed it's zipped on. Any possibility where I could order one for a decent price? Or do I need to order a whole brand new one (seems like a better idea). Anyone knows a good website where to order them for a good price? I only checked Rspeed.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered my new top from autotopsdirect.com. Good price. Great fit. And awesome look. I'd check them out. Mine is a zipperless one piece canvas and I adore it.
I wouldn't mind getting a zipperless one. They look pretty clean. lol

·
··
4,227 Posts
That's the same photo my site has for the same product it seems. Both RSpeed and miatatopsource.com are located in Atlanta, they're probably collaborating. Anyway, you should find out autotopsource.com's location to compare prices and shipping.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That's the same photo my site has for the same product it seems. Both RSpeed and miatatopsource.com are located in Atlanta, they're probably collaborating. Anyway, you should find out autotopsource.com's location to compare prices and shipping.
I did all the calculating:

Product & Shipping to Hawaii
-Black Vinyl
-No rain rail

*UPDATE!!

autotopsource.com: 439.69
miatatopsource.com: 251.04
Rspeed.net: 253.23

·
Functionally formed.
1,752 Posts
I have a ripped window as well, top is fine, window is junk.

These are complete tops, right? Not just the window? I've heard it's a bitch to install, how hard is it to put a new top on like this? Would it be easier to just cut the old window out and find similar material and somehow replace it?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a ripped window as well, top is fine, window is junk.

These are complete tops, right? Not just the window? I've heard it's a bitch to install, how hard is it to put a new top on like this? Would it be easier to just cut the old window out and find similar material and somehow replace it?
Yes these are complete tops. And if you have someone to help you, it's super simple to install. The hardest part is bolting the rain rail to the car. ESPECIALLY if you already have a roll bar installed. Other than that it's pretty straight forward and removal of old top and installation of new one shouldn't take more than 4 hours total I suppose.

·
Functionally formed.
1,752 Posts
Yes these are complete tops. And if you have someone to help you, it's super simple to install. The hardest part is bolting the rain rail to the car. ESPECIALLY if you already have a roll bar installed. Other than that it's pretty straight forward and removal of old top and installation of new one shouldn't take more than 4 hours total I suppose.
Well I've already got a rollbar installed, yay. Any write-up's on this? I'd like to be able to get it done in a day for sure.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
really? Yeh, my window ripped but I would rather change the whole thing since this top is really old and it's been on since 92.

Well I've already got a rollbar installed, yay. Any write-up's on this? I'd like to be able to get it done in a day for sure.
I have a roll installed too. Cusco 7pt. -__-. lmao

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah I had my bf double hoop in when i did mine. Doesn't make it impossible. Just means you'll be bending your body and using a long extention a lot lol. When I get home from work tonight I'll either find the instructions I used or ill write a step by step.

·
Registered
511 Posts
^Yeah! I would jump on that since it's on sale. Amazing price. I think you might have to separately attach the PLASTIC window. Not that it's a big deal. Imho I would bight the bullet and step up to a glass window. Much nicer look and quality feel. But if you don't want to spend the money on that, I definately vouch for this company. I had my doubts when I ordered it, but I am very pleased with it.

Well I have a PDF of the instructions for my install but idk how to attach one. But once you order you will get a specific install booklet.

My TLDR version of the instructions though:
1.) Remove weather stripping, weather stripping rails (2 per window and one long one on the part that connects with the windshield frame), and top latches.
2.) Remove carpet on the rear deck. And door/seatbelt trim (maybe)
3.) Remove bolts around rain rail. (The ones on the far outside are a major PITA but easier to get to if you unzip the window and get at them from the outside)
4.) Remove old top.
5.) Do the whole process backwards to put on the new top. But a tip is to use a socket and extention to press the new rain rail onto the studs before replacing any of the nuts.
?.) Somewhere in there you'll need to disconnect/reconnect the tension cables also. Mine were both snapped, so I fabricated new ones using home depot materials for about 10 bucks.

Hopefully this helped someone and I didn't just waste my time out of boredom lol.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts