ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Functionally formed.
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1996 with an open differential. I'm looking to upgrade to a Torsen so I can get some more traction and maybe get a little sideways. What do I all need for the upgrade? And is there a How-To I can follow? I'm not afraid to get dirty, but I'd like some knowledge on how to get this done, pictures literally mean a thousand words to me.

Is this all I need? Or do I need more?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Should be it. Transfer over your ring gear and reinstall. Also a good time to consider other r&p combos if that is something that interests you as well.

·
Functionally formed.
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything else I should tackle while I'm in there? Seals of any sort?

How long will this take you think? How hard is it? I haven't tackled anything like this before, just exhausts and suspension stuff.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
You could replace the seals on each of the stub shaft inlets. You'll also probably want an impact gun for zipping the bolts off that hold the ring gear to the old open diff.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Check a couple pages from the end on my build thread. I tore open a Torsen and put in a Kia Sportage 4.778 r&p. It's not horribly detailed and I received mechanical help as well but there should be a lot of photos to help you understand what you're dealing with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts