ClubRoadster.net banner

Totaled my miata.

2K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  renesisdrms 
#1 ·
Before you read, please don't be dicks, don't point out that I was a moron (I know this).

I totaled it about an hour ago. Was driving with a donut spare on because I ordered falkens and they hadn't come. Went around a corner with the top down, wasn't going that fast, back end slid out, hit a phone pole.

It was misty out and the roads were more slick than I thought, I guess. And the spare on the back didn't help either.

Drivers side quarter panel is trashed, along with everything in that general area, including driver rear wheel which is bent in. Trunnk is bent. I'm probably just going to part it out. I won't be needed the radiator and console I had posted about in the WTB section now, obviously.

I was going under 35mph and the turn was rated at that I think.

The car is basically everything I have. I have like $4500 into it, its a 90 with 170k. I doubt its worth fixing though the tow guy said with 10 hours of my work and rewelding in a quarter panel / fixing all the suspension stuff he might do it, but I have no experience with any of that and really would rather invest in something that doesn't have 170k on it.

Don't flame me, please. :(

See less See more
#8 ·
Yeah...

They said my car was totaled and that it would never be drivable again. A quarter of its value in repairs (half of that was new wheels) and its back on the road.

Suspension and hell even subframes aren't that expensive, its just a bit of work to replace stuff, good learning experience too. Depending on the body work, that might be under $1000.

But like you said it has 170K, might be time for another chassis.

#13 ·
Sounds like you are physically OK and that is good. Always sad to hear of a roadster going down.

If you have parts you can sell off an make some cash on, it would be a good start towards a new ride.

Note for future reference, if you get a flat in the rear put the donut on the front and put the front tire on the rear. Even more important if you have any kind of lsd (this is of course assuming a rear wheel drive w/ same size wheels front and rear). It is a little extra work, but I think it is a safer way to go.

#18 ·
Someone offered $500-600 for the car as is (Minus my audio equip, obviously) - I this a decent deal for me? I'm thinking that's not too bad since I probably wouldn't get much more parting it out plus that'd be more hassle. Anyone know what a wrecked one like mine is worth?

And yeah I'm trying to get another one by the end of the week! Found some cheap ones and can borrow a little money from my dad and/or granddad.

#22 ·
Man, I remember you posting the photos of it right after you got it painted (I don't remember if that was here or on M.net)... and how proud you were of how it looked. I'm really sorry to see / hear about your wreck, and the condition of your car. Good luck selling it, hopefully you can re-coup some of your money. Did you have insurance on it? Again - sorry to see this happened..

#24 ·
good luck man.

If I had any parts that would help ya, I'd offer 'em to you. But the only thing I have is a cockpit brace I removed from my 94 to install a roll bar... you don't need that do ya?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.