ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a set of tow hooks for my NA that fit with the Racing Beat Type 2 nose and Racing Beat rear bumper. I drive this car year round in Minnesota and want functional tow hooks that clear the bumpers.

My main question/concern is fitment. I'm not sure how much longer the RB rear is compared to a stock one with the R lip. The RB rear obscures the factory rear tow hook to a point where I would't be comfortable using it. As for the front, the previous owner removed the baby teeth. I think the type 2 nose grill area is pretty comparable to the stock one and there should't be any huge fitment issues.

I couldn't find any discussion on this and the only Miata with an RB Type 2 nose and tow hook I could find was the yellow Track Dog Racing Miata. It looks like they're using a different tow hook than the one they sell on their site. I sent them an email and am waiting on a reply.

I'm planning on going with the original Garage Star tow hooks because the rears are adjustable and they're on sale.

Does anyone have experience with this or recommendations?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Tow hooks with RB nose and rear

Turns out the vertical tow hook on the yellow Track Dog Racing car was a prototype and never made it into production.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts