ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I got a street-sweeping ticket and along with that they gave me a ticket for no front license plate. So I need to find who sells or how to build one of those offset towhook mounting brackets. Please, any help at all will be greatly appreciated as I need to get these silly tickets paid off. :lol:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Metro and RSpeed both offer them specifically for Miata. Brackets show up in the classifieds section of ClubRoadster.net or Miata.net occassionally. You're in SoCal - there's a JDM tuning shop on every corner that has them although you'll likely have to do some minor modifications to fit your application. Remember that JDM plates don't have the same mounting bolt spacing as US plates. Go to home Depot and get the materials to make one. It's just a simple bracket bolted to the tow hook. Or modify an oem bracket to fit the way you want.

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1533&highlight=diy+plate

·
Registered
111 Posts
here is what i did...will have to take pictures

i got 2 hinges and mounted the plate in the middle of the mouth of the bumper.
At speed it flips up and doesnt block flow. Not sure how legal it might be where you are but if you get stopped for something else at least your plate is displayed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts