ClubRoadster.net banner

981 - 1000 of 1037 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Figured I'd post up my idle air solution. Works like a charm.

The middle 2 throttle bodies for the blacktop don't have vacuum nipples so I drilled the bosses out and jb welded in some 3/16" tubing. I replaced the outer 2 throttle body vacuum nipples with the same brass 3/16 tubing.

I plumbed them all to a nitrous distribution block

Made a bracket and drilled some holes to mount the idle air motor to. I tapped one of the holes to mount the distribution block above to and that was it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So to answer my own question from a while/a car ago, yes, this does work:

T3 Adapter with AE101 throttles to a mounting plate for a Pulsar GTi-R Plenum being fed through a turbo. Holds 12psi perfectly well, and the throttle response is amazing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Daaaaaamn, that's beautiful. Clean up the engine bay a bit, and it's the nicest MS engine bay I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Does anyone have a T3 adaptor for a 1.8 they're willing to sell?
A WTB thread in the For Sale section would probably get more views. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll preface this by saying I've looked through more threads than I can count and stared at the same diagram 100 times.

I am hoping that I can get clarity on the whether or not the AE101 TPS is plug and play with a 1.8 4 wire TPS plug.

What I have found is the following:
Post #128 in this thread

the AE101 and NA TPS rotate in opposite directions.
Even though they are physically interchangeable. The sweep won't work.

Somewhere around here is a pin out of the 101 TPS. It's kinda odd ball from an NA TPS

1 - 5V
2 - sweep
3 - switch to grnd
4 - grnd

NA8
1 - 5V
2 - sweep
3 - grnd
4 - switch to grnd
From MiataTurbo:
I have the pinout for a 1.8 TPS listed as:
Lt Green / Red = 5vref
Red/Blue = TPS Signal
Red = WOT
Blk/ Blue = GND
From Diagrams I've looked at of the AE101 TPS pinout:
5Vref
Signal
12+Bat
Ground
Do I need to swap the red wire with the blk/blue wires? or is it plug and play?

Photos for reference:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Figured it out.

Correct me if im wrong.

OEM 1.8 TPS -----AE101 TPS
5v ref-----------GND
Sweep-----------12V
12v--------------Sweep
GND-------------5v Ref

Have to swap everything

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I am new here. Great to get so much information here !! I am going to install a 101 ITB to my vvt NB2 engine. But I have no idea how to bypass the OEM air flow sensor. Can anyone share the connection for the sensor after put in the ITB ? I will use ME221 for ECU tunning

·
Registered
15 Posts
So thankful for this thread, I’m starting my ITB swap which will be turbo’d as well, looking at sealing a factory silvertop box to use if not I’ll have a good welder friend help make a custom plenum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I had a thought today, I’m forgoing power assisted brakes so can’t I forgo a block and have the runner T’d together then run into the MS and FPR?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you're going turbo I wouldn't use the Toyota plenum. You don't need that much volume, trumpet length isn't really an issue for you. I believe some people are using a Nissan one which is smaller and can be modified to fit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're going turbo I wouldn't use the Toyota plenum. You don't need that much volume, trumpet length isn't really an issue for you. I believe some people are using a Nissan one which is smaller and can be modified to fit.

I don't think the Toyota plenum would fit anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve got an interring problem, I’ve got the OBX dual feed rail but the forward NA 90 they use won’t clear the bolt holding the new rail bracket to the car, should I try a round Allen like they use for the rail to bracket?

981 - 1000 of 1037 Posts