ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your experience, what should one bring to a track day? What are the items you wish you remembered to bring?

1. car
2. helmet
3. water
4. food (if not provided)
5. tire pressure gauge (what kind should i get? i have a cheapo one right now)
6. tire pump (would bringing one be necessary? does the track usually have a pump?)
7. extra brake pads (is this necessary?)
8. ???

I'm gearing up for my frist auto-x AND track days this year and want to be fully prepared for both!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Toolbox. With everything that fits your car. And a brake caliper spreader in it too.
Definately bring an airtank or compressor.
An extra set of front pads just in case is never a bad idea.
(from experience) an extra main 80A fuse.
(again, experience) A gallon of water for the car in addition to the water for you.
(heh. yep.) 2 quarts of oil.
A triple-A card in case it breaks.
A pen and paper. Notes, names, you name it, you'll need it.

Most of those you don't need for autocross, I'd say you, helmet. compressor, water to drink and the triple-A card'd do it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
[quote="violation @ Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:48 pm"

5. tire pressure gauge (what kind should i get? i have a cheapo one right now)
-Longacre are good quality for not to much.

6. tire pump (would bringing one be necessary? does the track usually have a pump?)
-All you need is a smaller tank since you aren't filling the tires up for completly empty. And most tracks you go to will have free air at their tire shop.

7. extra brake pads (is this necessary?)
-Not unless yours are really thin, which wouldn't be a good idea to go to the track like that anyway.

8. ???
-Sunscreen and something to provide shade (big hat, umbrella, ez-up, whatever).

-Bring tools also (Torque wrench w/ socket for wheels, ratchet wrench w/ the usual sockets, zip-ties, a pair of dykes (I know Bill will make a joke out of that :mrgreen:, screw drivers, and duct tape). Just the basics.

[/quote]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Violation,

Ah yes. Trackdays. The greatest invention since the liquid dinosaur. What I bring:

1. Helmet
2. Driving Gloves
3. Sunglasses (mine are perscription)
4. Water
5. extra clothes, all cotton or wool (might get warmer or cooler or wet, also most synthetics can melt to your skin if something really bad happens )
6. Folding chair
7. Thermos with some hot tea
8. snacks. gotta have snacks.
9. Umbrella
10. Mechanics gloves
11. Back up set of brake pads and tools necessary to change them out
12. Extra brake fluid (ATE super blue highly recommended)
13. Floor jack if I need to change out pads or bleed brakes (shouldn't have to, but...)
14. Torque wrench
15. 10gal air tank already filled
16. Munchies
17. Log book & pen to write stuff down note from driving coaches and contact info as well as my remarks and thoughts
18. 2 fire extinguishers (1 kitchen style for spills, 1 Halon for engine)
19. Gas can if I bring the RX8
20. Extra oil, 1 quart if the Miata, 5 quarts if RX8
21. Digital Camera
22. A FULL night's rest
23. Big Friggin grin, since I'm gonna have a blast, meet cool moto_heads just like this forum, see a bunch of cool cars all in one place and learn from some cool instructors.
24. Humble attitude

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts