ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone in south or mid florida interested in entering track meets?

specifically with either Chin Motorsports or Hooked on Driving.
Chin's calender:
http://www.chinmotorsports.com/events/calendar2012.asp

Hooked on Driving's (HOD) calender:
http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooked-on-driving-calendar

I might be entering HOD's event in Homestead on May 26, that is if I get my car ready by then. By which I mean tires and wheels along with brake pads and stainless steel brake lines.
Some day I'd like to do Sebring.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed that Chin is more strict than HOD.
I haven't been to the Homestead track since I was a kid watching the F1 races (mid-late 90's). Sebring on the other hand has always been great as a spectator and ride along.
Only thing that might screw me over for track events is getting the roll bars.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
HOD is a bit crazy and there are some crazy drivers but I think they require a roll bar. Last time is was out with NASA there was an NB running with a hardtop but no roll bar. Regardless if they let you or not, I would never drive I would never drive on a big track without a rollbar.

·
Registered
201 Posts
NASA events are a lot of fun, both on and off the track. They have a party saturday night and everything.

I have several Spec Miata friends that instruct at Chin events when they're at Sebring. Probably the best option for strait up race instruction.

If you plan on working your way up to a race license or race class (such as SM), the best route is to go with NASA as you graduate through their program, earning upgrades that eventually land you with a race license.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have several Spec Miata friends that instruct at Chin events when they're at Sebring. Probably the best option for strait up race instruction.
Last time I rode along with a guy whose name started with J (Jeff maybe), in his red NA w/black top. I think he had a double diagonal hard bar. One helluva ride, especially since we went into the session right after it rained.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll be instructing at the Feb. Chin event at Homestead, come on out and check it out. There is an opportunity to get out on track for a parade lap at lunch time as well. Come on out and say hi.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be instructing at the Feb. Chin event at Homestead, come on out and check it out. There is an opportunity to get out on track for a parade lap at lunch time as well. Come on out and say hi.
Maybe I will.. hmmm possibly the 26th

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've done two HPDE's at Sebring with Chin and they are a great group of people! Sebring can be demanding on both the car and it's driver. I will be doing a Chin event sometime in the fall(Oct/Nov). Don't do Sebring in the middle of summer if you can help it!

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
So expensive...

If those looking for a cheaper forum of HPDE (that isn't autocross) we are looking at doing a mini-road course at CFRC, only $35 admission for the whole day.

·
Registered
882 Posts
So expensive...

If those looking for a cheaper forum of HPDE (that isn't autocross) we are looking at doing a mini-road course at CFRC, only $35 admission for the whole day.
More details... is this gonna be a course marked with cones? so like an AutoX with out slaloms?

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
More details... is this gonna be a course marked with cones? so like an AutoX with out slaloms?
It'll be on the same pad as the autocross, so it will have cones and traffic barriers used for course marking, but it'll be a continuous circuit. Looking at 2nd gear turns with a 3rd-4th straight.

·
Murse Magnet
7,736 Posts
So expensive...

this is what we need down here in miami.

·
Registered
882 Posts
When is the first One? I'm rather excited for this and might have to make the drive up!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Had them years ago with ER, they were called Speed Trials. SCCA had them as well, called Solo I, and autocross was Solo II. Insurance requirements changed which made holding them a challenge and still make money. Also, there were/are special requirements where convertibles had to have roll bars in order to enter, and the driver had to have a driver's suit or cotton long sleeves and cotton pants.

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
It'll be on the same pad as the autocross, so it will have cones and traffic barriers used for course marking, but it'll be a continuous circuit. Looking at 2nd gear turns with a 3rd-4th straight.
You have my attention,now if I could only have $35.00 today I will gladly pay you back.....eh......er sometime :whistle:

When is the date ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts