ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to fit a Trackdog Radical Splitter for the NB onto a NA with a GV lip spoiler. I thinking of giving it a shot and was hoping someone thought of it before me.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We personally haven't tried it but my guess is no. Each splitter is designed for each application and will not cross over. I know our Miatas look to be all about the same size, the splitters vary widely.

If we can get a large enough demand for a GV splitter it may be something we would produce but I think we would need at least 20 dedicated buyers to invest in making one.

If we did make a GV splitter it would likely be in the standard or extreme style as most people don't want to pay for the turn buckles.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We personally haven't tried it but my guess is no. Each splitter is designed for each application and will not cross over. I know our Miatas look to be all about the same size, the splitters vary widely.

If we can get a large enough demand for a GV splitter it may be something we would produce but I think we would need at least 20 dedicated buyers to invest in making one.

If we did make a GV splitter it would likely be in the standard or extreme style as most people don't want to pay for the turn buckles.
I would be very interested in a NA radical splitter with the turn buckles. I understand your answer and you make perfect sense. However, from what I have read, the splitter is basically a flat piece that is parallel to the road surface and generates force as speeds increase. If the radical splitter is a flat piece of polyurethane, than the only trick would be relocating the mounting points. You need to understand that it is either this or make my own--and I believe this would be much nicer looking. Would you be opposed to posting some pictures of the splitter (not on a car) along with the dimensions? If I see any daylight, o am willing to move forward and try to adapt.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or we can try to get a group buy on a NA radical splitter? So many people have the GV style front air dam, and I believe there would be interest in this kind of splitter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts