ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5speed tranny is making a wineing noise and chatters all the time. It has kind of an AT noise to it. I've read that the chatter is from the clutch going bad. It grinds sometimes to. I dont know I am hoping you guys can help me. I wanted to buy coilovers but I'll be set back for a while now.

My motor is pretty much gone as far as it can go. I was looking at motor/tranny combinations from those JDM engine places but i'm not sure what is a trustworthy place.

Is this place good? http://www.japaneseengineimport.com/eng/home.htm

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

What else besides a blown head gasket could be making it smoke white? It only smokes when it is cold. I think it is antifreeze though, because the car overheats for about 2min. when it does. I goes back to normal temp after that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 5speed tranny is making a wineing noise and chatters all the time. It has kind of an AT noise to it. I've read that the chatter is from the clutch going bad. It grinds sometimes to. I dont know I am hoping you guys can help me. I wanted to buy coilovers but I'll be set back for a while now.

My motor is pretty much gone as far as it can go. I was looking at motor/tranny combinations from those JDM engine places but i'm not sure what is a trustworthy place.

Is this place good? http://www.japaneseengineimport.com/eng/home.htm
Might want to try changing the transmission fluid first. Not to expensive of an endeavor and could save you a bit. Check my blog, I did this yesterday and it improved my transmission feel considerably.

·
2,708 Posts
Does the tranny noise occur when the clutch is engaged or disengaged? Depending on your definition of "whining" noises it could be anything from not enough fluid to the throwout bearing. Change/add fluid and see what happends.

White smoke usually means head gasket is bad, causing coolant to get into combustion chambers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts