ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, more toy pix from me. This time, Sunstreaker, one of the old G1 toys. I'm sure some of you remember the twin Lamborghinis Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. Well, they're Vipers in the Alternators line. Here's my small shoot of my customized Sunstreaker.

Front 1/4 shot showing the painted front splitter, grill, side skirts, aluminum rivets, aluminum hood pins and.... I think that's it. They didn't give this poor guy ANY paint apps from the factory, just black stripes.

Rear 1/4 showing more blacked out parts. The tails were also crappy Altezza silver, which I changed to red. I painted the rear diffuser, but it's so far under the car that you can't really see.

Vroom

Magazine cover - This is really an amazingly accurate mold of a Viper Competition Coupe, it just had none of the details painted. I'm really happy with it now.

Sunstreaker in bot mode - I added more aluminum touches on the chest and belt area. I also painted a lot of the leg black. It looked pretty thin with yellow and looks beefier now. The windshield isn't supposed to be behind his back, it's supposed to be kinda above the crotch area. I dremeled him so that I could rotate it back there and make him look a little nicer.

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe ready to kick some ass

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
I really wish I got into the Alternators line when they first came out. The best thing to happen to Transformers since the orginal line. I almost pulled the trigger on a lot of 12 on ebay that ended up selling for $193 + $30 for shipping.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Alternators are AMAZING! I have at least one version of every mould.

My favorite right now is the Shockwave RX-8 (a.k.a. Cockblast).

But I also completely love the Mirage Ford GT.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I am the big fan of the Alternators as well. but i hate how the keep re painting the same mold... i guess some one got the make $ right?...

my favorite one is the ford GT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts